• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Export Music From Toast

dan  McCarter

Question

Hello

About a week ago I upgraded to Toast version 9. I have had two important issues since upgrading, I frequently play old cassette and 33 records using spin doctor. After making a recording (using Spin doctor from version 9) and keying in all the titles there is an information panel where you can key in the name of the album and the performer and a button below says to click it to make it the default for all the tracks. As far as I can tell that doesn't work and only one track has the performer and the title.

So To solve that I sent the contents from spin doctor to Toast VS 9 thinking I would use the export function which in Toast 8 sent a copy to itunes and another copy to a file of your choice. The EXPORT BUTTON IS GONE!!!

I have been reading the documents that came with version 9 and it says to export (on page 132) "1. At the left side of the Toast window click convert and choose audio files. I do Not See any Convert button so can't follow the rest of the instructions.

I really only bought Toast to get a current copy of Spin Doctor. Thankfully I still have Toast 8 to work with. But it seems that version 9 has taken a few steps backward.

Any Help Will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

2 answers to this question

Toast 9 has moved the Export function to a new section called convert. It is the fifth icon (Data, Audio, Video, Copy, Convert). However, I don't know how to direct Spin Doctor to send the tracks to the Convert window instead of the Audio window. It may be necessary to save the tracks to the hard drive or send them to iTunes and then add them to the Convert window.

Toast 9 has moved the Export function to a new section called convert. It is the fifth icon (Data, Audio, Video, Copy, Convert). However, I don't know how to direct Spin Doctor to send the tracks to the Convert window instead of the Audio window. It may be necessary to save the tracks to the hard drive or send them to iTunes and then add them to the Convert window.

Thanks for your help I am now able to find the convert icon. You apparently have to drag the files to this window to convert them. Spin Doctor sends them to the audio window.

Archived