• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With Mydvd Express Slideshow

Wileye

Question

I went through the forum, and I don't think my question has been answered anywhere else, so if you know anything about my problem, I would be so grateful for any help! I'm not that knowledgeable about this subject, but I've been working on a video for my dad's 50th birthday for weeks, and here's how its gone:

I made the slideshow (with pictures, audio, and video clips) on Windows Movie Maker (probably a bad idea, but it came on my computer and it was better than powerpoint for a project like this). I played the movie at the party from my computer, but now my grandparents are asking for it on DVD, and it wouldn't work on the WMM program, so I went with my dad to the Geek Squad and they recommended this program (Roxio Easy CD and DVD burner). I made the WMM slideshow into a DV-AVI format, which now plays in Windows Media Player, but when it turned into that format, the audio messed up, and now skips and has little jumps. The movie is 26 minutes long, and it gets really annoying when the song is messed up like that. I looked on some forums and saw what other people did with that problem--they saved the audio separately from the videos and pictures as a high quality audio, and put it back with the pics and videos and re-saved it as a DV-AVI format. This is supposed to fix the skips, because now the audio is one big file instead of individual songs with transitions. I did that and watched the new video on Windows Media Player, and some of the skips were improved, but it is still doing it! Its probably about 30% better than it was.

Then I thought that I would save the audio and slideshow parts separately as files that play on Windows Media Player (AVI? or whatever they are) and import them separately onto the slideshow feature of the DVD express. I got the audio on there to work but my problem now is getting a video (of an already made slideshow) onto the program. It only lets you load pictures. Is there anything I can do to fix the sound on this movie? I've done everything else, like putting it on DVD, and it works in my DVD player, also, I put multiple other video clips on the DVD, so I know the MyDVD Express program works well on my computer and it's been doing everything I need up to now. If there is nothing I can do, I can settle for sound that skips, but I really wanted to see if there is any way to fix that! Thanks so much, and sorry this was so long. If I didn't explain things right or left out info that is important, please let me know! :)

11 answers to this question

Thanks for your help, I ended up going online and buying the version with Videowave..Now I have to figure out how to save my WMM movie without the skipping music so that I can import music and video separately. I've tried to save the video, after deleting all of the music, as a DV-AVI file, but it won't work. Does anybody know why? I tried it 5 times and each time took over an hour to tell me that it wouldn't work.. :wacko:

What doesn't work? Please give some details on exactly what you are doing and what happens. I have no problem creating a DV-avi video file using WMM and loading it into Videowave.

You might be better off restarting you project in Videowave and forgetting about using WMM.

Also what program exactly did you get? EMC 10 or what?

My movie is really long, and it's already taken me like 30 hours to make..so if I can't get the sound to work better, I think I'm just going to settle for sound that skips, unfortunately. If I ever do something like this again, though, I will use my new program for sure.

Ok-- I'm trying to save the video portion of the slideshow without the music. There is still sound because of some video clips like home-videos, movie clips, etc... so I don't want to mute my movie part. I saved the sound separately from the movie as "high quality sound" and that worked, now all my songs are compiled into one audio file. I've imported that into Videowave and it works. I've saved the entire movie with sound as DV-AVI multiple times, and while it takes forever, it works, except the music has jumps and skips. I made a copy of the entire movie, deleted the music, and tried to save it as DV-AVI so that I could import that separately from the music into Videowave, and that is what I'm having trouble with. It won't save, and it tells me that it won't work after almost an hour of waiting. I thought that I should save the video part as something other than DV-AVI, so I've tried that, picking things like "high quality video", but those don't work either. All I want to do right now is save the video separately from the music so I can import it into Videowave. I just need to know what to save it as.

Sorry if that was redundant, I just didn't want to leave anything out :)

Thanks for your help!!

And yes, I got EMC 10.

My movie is really long, and it's already taken me like 30 hours to make..so if I can't get the sound to work better, I think I'm just going to settle for sound that skips, unfortunately. If I ever do something like this again, though, I will use my new program for sure.

Ok-- I'm trying to save the video portion of the slideshow without the music. There is still sound because of some video clips like home-videos, movie clips, etc... so I don't want to mute my movie part. I saved the sound separately from the movie as "high quality sound" and that worked, now all my songs are compiled into one audio file. I've imported that into Videowave and it works. I've saved the entire movie with sound as DV-AVI multiple times, and while it takes forever, it works, except the music has jumps and skips. I made a copy of the entire movie, deleted the music, and tried to save it as DV-AVI so that I could import that separately from the music into Videowave, and that is what I'm having trouble with. It won't save, and it tells me that it won't work after almost an hour of waiting. I thought that I should save the video part as something other than DV-AVI, so I've tried that, picking things like "high quality video", but those don't work either. All I want to do right now is save the video separately from the music so I can import it into Videowave. I just need to know what to save it as.

Sorry if that was redundant, I just didn't want to leave anything out :)

Thanks for your help!!

And yes, I got EMC 10.

You cannot save the audio and video as separate files using WMM or Videowave. What you can do is load the DV-avi into Videowave and then mue the sound and output as another DV-avi. To separate the audio and video into separate files (de-multiplexing) you will need another program.

YAY! I did it and it worked! I wasn't talking about separating audio and video that were already saved as DV-AVI, but before I did that. I found that my problem with saving to my computer was really simple. I copy pasted the videos and pictures as they were in the original slideshow to a blank WMM page, and saving to my computer didn't work...So I finally figured out that I should just go on the original project, delete the audio and save it, and I did that, and it worked! So I imported that video, and the audio separately into the Videowave, and the sound is perfect! Now I just have to burn it to a DVD and it is done! It really feels good when it works :)

I went through the forum, and I don't think my question has been answered anywhere else, so if you know anything about my problem, I would be so grateful for any help! I'm not that knowledgeable about this subject, but I've been working on a video for my dad's 50th birthday for weeks, and here's how its gone:

I made the slideshow (with pictures, audio, and video clips) on Windows Movie Maker (probably a bad idea, but it came on my computer and it was better than powerpoint for a project like this). I played the movie at the party from my computer, but now my grandparents are asking for it on DVD, and it wouldn't work on the WMM program, so I went with my dad to the Geek Squad and they recommended this program (Roxio Easy CD and DVD burner). I made the WMM slideshow into a DV-AVI format, which now plays in Windows Media Player, but when it turned into that format, the audio messed up, and now skips and has little jumps. The movie is 26 minutes long, and it gets really annoying when the song is messed up like that. I looked on some forums and saw what other people did with that problem--they saved the audio separately from the videos and pictures as a high quality audio, and put it back with the pics and videos and re-saved it as a DV-AVI format. This is supposed to fix the skips, because now the audio is one big file instead of individual songs with transitions. I did that and watched the new video on Windows Media Player, and some of the skips were improved, but it is still doing it! Its probably about 30% better than it was.

Then I thought that I would save the audio and slideshow parts separately as files that play on Windows Media Player (AVI? or whatever they are) and import them separately onto the slideshow feature of the DVD express. I got the audio on there to work but my problem now is getting a video (of an already made slideshow) onto the program. It only lets you load pictures. Is there anything I can do to fix the sound on this movie? I've done everything else, like putting it on DVD, and it works in my DVD player, also, I put multiple other video clips on the DVD, so I know the MyDVD Express program works well on my computer and it's been doing everything I need up to now. If there is nothing I can do, I can settle for sound that skips, but I really wanted to see if there is any way to fix that! Thanks so much, and sorry this was so long. If I didn't explain things right or left out info that is important, please let me know! :)

My question is, what do you mean DVD Express will only accept pictures. You should be able to load the video, however, it will only take up one window, as if it were a picture. Do you have Videowave in your program? If not when you have DVD express open can you switch to tracks?

My question is, what do you mean DVD Express will only accept pictures. You should be able to load the video, however, it will only take up one window, as if it were a picture. Do you have Videowave in your program? If not when you have DVD express open can you switch to tracks?

I'm trying to put a video in the slideshow feature of the program. When I go in that part of the program, I can add music and pictures. In the insert pictures window, it says the kind of files that I can add, and they're all picture files. I can't add video to the "Make a slideshow" program. I can add it to the MyDVD burner, I've made a DVD already, but the audio is messed up. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get video in the slideshow maker, or if there's anything else I can do about the audio to fix it.

I'm trying to put a video in the slideshow feature of the program. When I go in that part of the program, I can add music and pictures. In the insert pictures window, it says the kind of files that I can add, and they're all picture files. I can't add video to the "Make a slideshow" program. I can add it to the MyDVD burner, I've made a DVD already, but the audio is messed up. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get video in the slideshow maker, or if there's anything else I can do about the audio to fix it.

You did not answer Patty's question about Videowave! Is Videowave part of your program package? If yes then that is what you should be using to create your production - you can easily add photos and video. I have created some videos using WMM in the DV-avi format nad have never had a sound problem when adding to Videowave.

YAY! I did it and it worked! I wasn't talking about separating audio and video that were already saved as DV-AVI, but before I did that. I found that my problem with saving to my computer was really simple. I copy pasted the videos and pictures as they were in the original slideshow to a blank WMM page, and saving to my computer didn't work...So I finally figured out that I should just go on the original project, delete the audio and save it, and I did that, and it worked! So I imported that video, and the audio separately into the Videowave, and the sound is perfect! Now I just have to burn it to a DVD and it is done! It really feels good when it works :)

So glad to hear it finally worked out for you. I know how frustrating it can be not to be able to do what you want. Then, how very good it feels to get it figured out. Congratulations, well done. :)

VideoWave does not come in the Red Box, just MyDVD Express.

Even then MyDVD Express will accept WMV files but once Wileye made his "slideshow" in WMM it was no longer a slideshow… Now it is a movie so you have to use the Add New Movie.

Try the original wmv file, it should be OK.

Thanks for your help, I ended up going online and buying the version with Videowave..Now I have to figure out how to save my WMM movie without the skipping music so that I can import music and video separately. I've tried to save the video, after deleting all of the music, as a DV-AVI file, but it won't work. Does anybody know why? I tried it 5 times and each time took over an hour to tell me that it wouldn't work.. :wacko:

Archived