• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Has Encountered An Error And Needs To Close

Geoff Orwiler

Question

I have constant errors with EMC and VideoWave in particular. I keep getting the error about it encountering a problem and it needs to close. I have looked all through this forum and tried several things to no avail. I have performed the "clean install", I have checked the option to use Software rendering in VideoWave itself, I have disable WMP11 acceleration in ATI CCC.

I'm about ready to go buy a MAC. This is ridiculous. All I'm trying to do is to capture a soccer game from my Camcorder and burn it to a DVD. MyDVD version 8 worked better than this POS.

Here are my system specs. If anyone has any helpful ideas, I would appreciate some help. BTW, I have logged a support case with Roxio and havent received a response in alomost a week. Great customer servive....NOT.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061

System Model: PX724AA-ABA M7170N

BIOS: Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 1050MB used, 3395MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Here is the entry from the Application Log:

Faulting application VideoWave10.exe, version 10.0.0.78, faulting module RMFMediaObjects.dll, version 8.0.0.47, fault address 0x0005a105.

7 answers to this question

I called Roxio support this morning. I must say it was nice to get a natively english speaking person on the phone. I'm glad they didn't offshore their support like so many other technology companies have.

Anyway, after going through all the steps that others have done to resolve this error, the engineer suggested creating a new user profile on my XP machine and installing Roxio again. I knew that I didnt really need to install it again as it is installed for all users by default. So I created another user account, made it a member of the local Administrators group and logged in to the new Roxio account. I tried using MyDVD again to compile, edit and burn a movie. This time it worked with no errors!

Now what I dont quite understand is why. Why should it make any difference which user is running the program? All I can think of is some type of corruption in the Hkey Local User hive of the registry. What kind of corruption I dont know.

I am glad at this point that it seems to be working as advertised. :rolleyes:

I spent 3 hours in the Apple Store today looking at the iMac. When I tried to create a movie with the iMovie application that lasted about 20 seconds, it took 7 minutes to encode it! I'll take back my comments earlier about going to a Mac!

LOL! You wouldn't be allowed back in the PC forums, if you got a MAC. :)

It is an ATI Radeon X300. It came with this XP Media Center PC.

Faulting application VideoWave10.exe, version 10.0.0.78, faulting module RMFMediaObjects.dll, version 8.0.0.47, fault address 0x0005a105.

Also, it seems that Videowave crashing happens when it's not really doig anything. For example, just now I started MyDVD to capture the video. It launched VideoWave and then I clicked on Caputure/Import. That launched Media Import. While that has been running, VideoWave crashed but Media Import is still running a capturing video.

It is an ATI Radeon X300. It came with this XP Media Center PC.

Also, it seems that Videowave crashing happens when it's not really doig anything. For example, just now I started MyDVD to capture the video. It launched VideoWave and then I clicked on Caputure/Import. That launched Media Import. While that has been running, VideoWave crashed but Media Import is still running a capturing video.

That is a video chip, and has been a problem with some other users. Update the drivers for that chip, and also update DirectX 9. You can get the latest DirectX 9, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Archived