MacElroy

Anyone Successfully Burning Bluray Disc With Roxio 9?

Question

Is anyone successfully burning Blu Ray discs through Roxio 9? If so, what is your workflow? burner make? and discs used?

I see alot of people have a hard time burning blu ray to standard DVDs but what about BR-RE?

Nope my neither, nor luck except with Mpg 2 files on blu-ray RW but couldn;t play it on my blu ray player

hi , i did burn a blu-ray movie from my folders from Vista 64 bit , with i have on my mac pro( used any dvd hd ) , it works perfect on my ps3 , power dvd and wind dvd9,menus , hd sound , and the best of all i erase the movie after i watchand burn next one and will watch again and again and again

hi , i did burn a blu-ray movie from my folders from Vista 64 bit , with i have on my mac pro( used any dvd hd ) , it works perfect on my ps3 , power dvd and wind dvd9,menus , hd sound , and the best of all i erase the movie after i watchand burn next one and will watch again and again and again

What burner did you use? Make & Model number please

la cie -they have only one for mac

and last night i also burn hddvd files on blu-ray disc and it works perfect on my xbox 360 and power dvd and windvd9

That's still pretty vague, do you have a model number? Also, how do you have it connected? External.. Internal? If internal do you have IDE connection, or Sata?

What do you mean, does not work?

Best to start a new thread with a full description of the problem you're having if you need help.

Patatrox

As you asked, I started a new thread, but this is the same issue I reported right when version 9 was released and you said that you would try hooking an LG GGW-H20L Blu-ray writer to a mac pro SATA to test it but I hadn't heard any thing since then. I was really hoping to see that this issue would be fixed in the first update to version 9.

Mike

What burner did you use? Make & Model number please

I use a Panasonic SW-5582 mounted in an ADS firewire 800 case, no problems at all. The footage is exported from FCP 5.0.4 as .H264 from Panasonic DVCPro HD 720 30PN. Just long encoding times. It works on a G5 or a MacBookPro.

I use a Panasonic SW-5582 mounted in an ADS firewire 800 case, no problems at all. The footage is exported from FCP 5.0.4 as .H264 from Panasonic DVCPro HD 720 30PN. Just long encoding times. It works on a G5 or a MacBookPro.

What setting in compressor are you using? is it a preset? what bit rate etc...

:rolleyes:

I'm now playing catch up, burning BD-R/REs of Final Cut Studio 2 projects in HDV native 1080i sequences, on my Mac Power PC G4 laptop, OS 10.4.11, attached to a Lacie d2 Blu Ray burner.

Sequences often run over 2 hours, and I export them Using Quicktime, current settings, with chapter markers, no recompression, as a self-contained movie file. This opens nicely in the Toast 9.0.2 content window of the Blu Ray video disc setup. Although the HD menu BUTTONS aren't really 16:9, and only a few choices they are O.K. for me. Encodes at max br of 26, avg br 22, best auality, Half PEL selected, in about 12 hours for a 95 minute program, then takes about 6 hours to burn to a single BD-R. These Blu Ray discs then play nicely, showing up as BD-ROM discs on both a Sony BDP-S500 and a Samsung BD-P1200 (with updated firmware) players, LOOKS GREAT!

Only downer is the FCP chapter markers don't transfer / showup with 'automatic' chapter markers in Toast 9, and not with iMovie HD either, even though the user guide to Toast 9 says they will.

Happy burning!! It's here at last for us Mac folk!!

Edited by Stucker

Only downer is the FCP chapter markers don't transfer / showup with 'automatic' chapter markers in Toast 9, and not with iMovie HD either, even though the user guide to Toast 9 says they will.

Happy burning!! It's here at last for us Mac folk!!

Cool, sounds great. I used to have the same problem with FCP not transferring my chapter makers in to compressor and dvd studio. I found a fix though, you need to enter studio and compression markers in the fields of the markers in FCP also you have to call them something in the title field. They transfer every time now.

We found 2 hdv mpeg2 workflows. One without any render generation (with FCS2 and Episode Pro).

Another workflow with one render generation using compressor. There is no reencoding in Toast needed.

hdv01.jpg

hdv02.jpg

I modify the HD-DVD settings by raising the data rate to around 23 mbs and .h264. It looks much like the original Panasonic P2 HD footage. We shoot 720 30PN.

We found 2 hdv mpeg2 workflows. One without any render generation (with FCS2 and Episode Pro).

Another workflow with one render generation using compressor. There is no reencoding in Toast needed.

pics removed

You may already know this, but the experts say to bring HDV into FCS2 as ProRes so that you get cleaner editing. It does take more space and horsepower but editing in a long gop codec such as HDV is not generally a good idea.

Have some fun,

Robert A. Ober

I have tried to install a LG GGW-H20L Blu-ray writer into my Mac Pro (2008). However, it did not work with blu-ray in Leopard and the drive was not even recognized in Windows Vista Premium. Working with several controllers, two worked out well (one SATA/Firewire and one SATA/USB2) while the controller shipped with an external case (aixcase SATA/USB2) failed. In the meantime I have found a workaround, installing the LG in the external case with an SATA cable leaving the case and attached to an external creditcard size USB2 controller (which I previously used for testing SATA HDs). Now everything works fine, and I am waiting for a 100% FinalCut Studio solution.... <_<

Anyone who was having trouble burning Blu-ray discs (or high-definition DVDs) should install the update released Friday.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=36903

Patarox,

I would like to add my name to the list of Lg Ggw-h20L / internal / Mac Pro owners that can burn blu-ray data discs in finder (10.5.2) but not through Toast 9.0.2. Could you please advice on any progress on this issue? Thank you :)

Same question as Mike. My LG burner will not burn BR discs. Any fix other than an external sata to usb enclosure?

Thanks,

K

Patarox,

I would like to add my name to the list of Lg Ggw-h20L / internal / Mac Pro owners that can burn blu-ray data discs in finder (10.5.2) but not through Toast 9.0.2. Could you please advice on any progress on this issue? Thank you :)

We have the drive in house and a few more on order for future testing. So far everything I've read on the forums is correct, in that it will hang when using it internally but not via SATA or FireWire. We're still working on figuring out WHY it isn't working. To give you an example of what I mean, when you insert of a Blu-ray disc and choose to get Disc Information we send the drive a small string asking for details. According to specs, the string we send is absolutely correct yet it still hangs the drive for a long period of time. Now if we shorten the string (ask for less information) the drive does not hang. This is even though the same longer string works when the drive is connected via FireWire or USB. For now, still working on it but you'll need to use the drive connected externally for the moment.

We have the drive in house and a few more on order for future testing. So far everything I've read on the forums is correct, in that it will hang when using it internally but not via SATA or FireWire. We're still working on figuring out WHY it isn't working. To give you an example of what I mean, when you insert of a Blu-ray disc and choose to get Disc Information we send the drive a small string asking for details. According to specs, the string we send is absolutely correct yet it still hangs the drive for a long period of time. Now if we shorten the string (ask for less information) the drive does not hang. This is even though the same longer string works when the drive is connected via FireWire or USB. For now, still working on it but you'll need to use the drive connected externally for the moment.

Thanks, Patatrox. Nobody from support ever updated my case with this information. It's good to hear that you are working on this problem.

Keith W.

Thanks Patarox. Looking forward to updates to come :)

As do I so I can finally use it as a LightScribe burner in my Mac Pro. :)

Patatrox

Thanks for posting this update, hopefully you guys will be able to fix this quickly. Just wanted to let you know that I did spot a new firmware for this drive YL03 available on LG website, but the drive needs to be attached to a PC to update it.

Mike

Patatrox

Thanks for posting this update, hopefully you guys will be able to fix this quickly. Just wanted to let you know that I did spot a new firmware for this drive YL03 available on LG website, but the drive needs to be attached to a PC to update it.

Mike

(Mikebore to Mikebar: :lol: ) Thanks for the tip on YL03 firmware. I could connect mine to a PC so might give it a go.

Edited by mikebore

Patatrox

Mike

Even connecting the drive to a PC I haven't been able to get YL02 installed yet... I'll have to try YL03. If anyone has a chance to do so before me and let me know if it makes any difference I'd appreciate it.