Anyone Successfully Burning Bluray Disc With Roxio 9?

MacElroy

Question

Patatrox

Thanks for posting this update, hopefully you guys will be able to fix this quickly. Just wanted to let you know that I did spot a new firmware for this drive YL03 available on LG website, but the drive needs to be attached to a PC to update it.

Mike

(Mikebore to Mikebar: :lol: ) Thanks for the tip on YL03 firmware. I could connect mine to a PC so might give it a go.

What burner did you use? Make & Model number please

I use a Panasonic SW-5582 mounted in an ADS firewire 800 case, no problems at all. The footage is exported from FCP 5.0.4 as .H264 from Panasonic DVCPro HD 720 30PN. Just long encoding times. It works on a G5 or a MacBookPro.

hi , i did burn a blu-ray movie from my folders from Vista 64 bit , with i have on my mac pro( used any dvd hd ) , it works perfect on my ps3 , power dvd and wind dvd9,menus , hd sound , and the best of all i erase the movie after i watchand burn next one and will watch again and again and again

Patatrox

Thanks for posting this update, hopefully you guys will be able to fix this quickly. Just wanted to let you know that I did spot a new firmware for this drive YL03 available on LG website, but the drive needs to be attached to a PC to update it.

Mike

Even connecting the drive to a PC I haven't been able to get YL02 installed yet... I'll have to try YL03. If anyone has a chance to do so before me and let me know if it makes any difference I'd appreciate it.

patatrox, any chance of this fix being made more generally available? I hope it's going to appear in the next update to Toast 9.

I too have an LG GGW-H20L which started out on the internal SATA bus of my MacPro. Not suprisingly I had problems using this with Toast 9.01 and 9.02, so I've switched it to external, using a SATA to USB2 converter.

This worked well in burning Verbatim BD-R disks when I was at firmware YL02, but seems to be less reliable now that I've upgraded to YL03. I will probably downgrade the firmware because BD "coasters" are expensive.

It would be vastly more convenient for me to be able to put the H20L into my MacPro internal drive bay again. In the absence of a more general release of the update would you be prepared to send a copy to me please? I will be more than happy to test it with an "internal" SATA drive and report back.

Many Thanks,

Check your e-mail!

Fantastic! Thanks very much.

Got the e mail just now after being away for a few days, and tried burning 2Gb of data to a BD-RE disc and all was good. This is the only thing I have tried so far but it certainly didn't work before.

Any particular things you would like testing?

My firmware is at YL02. I tried YL03 and Finder burn wasn't working, so went back to YL02. What firmware have you been using?

Mike

All that we really need tested is beginning a burn and getting Disc Information... nothing else should be impacted.

I haven't updated to YL03 since I heard all the negative comments regarding issues with the drive no longer appearing in Finder.

Check your e-mail!

All that we really need tested is beginning a burn and getting Disc Information... nothing else should be impacted.

I haven't updated to YL03 since I heard all the negative comments regarding issues with the drive no longer appearing in Finder.

Using a G-5 2.0 I mounted my LG GGW-H24L into an external w SATA connection. Booted up then plugged in optical drive via SATA. Got the standard hot-swap Sata dialog box recognizing the drive (a good thing). But then tried to launch Toast 9 with BD plug-in. Toast hung (bad thing). From the reading the thread it seems I may need to get a Sata to USB2/or firewire converter. Or should I just wait 'til you have a fix?

Using a G-5 2.0 I mounted my LG GGW-H24L into an external w SATA connection. Booted up then plugged in optical drive via SATA. Got the standard hot-swap Sata dialog box recognizing the drive (a good thing). But then tried to launch Toast 9 with BD plug-in. Toast hung (bad thing). From the reading the thread it seems I may need to get a Sata to USB2/or firewire converter. Or should I just wait 'til you have a fix?

Inbox!

Patarox,

I would like to add my name to the list of Lg Ggw-h20L / internal / Mac Pro owners that can burn blu-ray data discs in finder (10.5.2) but not through Toast 9.0.2. Could you please advice on any progress on this issue? Thank you :)

Me too....

Patarox,

I would like to add my name to the list of Lg Ggw-h20L / internal / Mac Pro owners that can burn blu-ray data discs in finder (10.5.2) but not through Toast 9.0.2. Could you please advice on any progress on this issue? Thank you :)

We have the drive in house and a few more on order for future testing. So far everything I've read on the forums is correct, in that it will hang when using it internally but not via SATA or FireWire. We're still working on figuring out WHY it isn't working. To give you an example of what I mean, when you insert of a Blu-ray disc and choose to get Disc Information we send the drive a small string asking for details. According to specs, the string we send is absolutely correct yet it still hangs the drive for a long period of time. Now if we shorten the string (ask for less information) the drive does not hang. This is even though the same longer string works when the drive is connected via FireWire or USB. For now, still working on it but you'll need to use the drive connected externally for the moment.

Check your e-mail!

Fantastic, thank you very much indeed Patrick. I'm more than happy to test this.

I'm delighted you've found a workaround for the failure of valid commands. I hope Hitachi/LG are aware of the problem which may also impact other standards-compliant burning software.

Using YLO3 I can still mount disks, but burning seems less reliable than before. I'll try the latest beta with both firmware versions and report back.

Thanks again,

Anyone who was having trouble burning Blu-ray discs (or high-definition DVDs) should install the update released Friday.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=36903

Patarox,

We are new to the Blu-ray burning things and also have also been unable to burn a BD that we can play back.

We are using a PowerMac G5/Dual 2.5, with a Matshita internal Blu-Ray burner that we bought from FastMac.

We are using Toast 9.0.2 with the BD Plugin.

We are letting Toast do the encoding (just to rule out any encoding issues).

We are using Panasonic BD-RE media.

We are trying to play back on a Sharp BD-HP20U.

Every attempt so far has been kicked out of the BD player with "Incompatible Disk" or "Cannot Play Disc" message.

Anyone have any ideas?

Even connecting the drive to a PC I haven't been able to get YL02 installed yet... I'll have to try YL03. If anyone has a chance to do so before me and let me know if it makes any difference I'd appreciate it.

Sorry, still no good even with YL03 installed.

Mike

We are new to the Blu-ray burning things and also have also been unable to burn a BD that we can play back.

We are using a PowerMac G5/Dual 2.5, with a Matshita internal Blu-Ray burner that we bought from FastMac.

We are using Toast 9.0.2 with the BD Plugin.

We are letting Toast do the encoding (just to rule out any encoding issues).

We are using Panasonic BD-RE media.

We are trying to play back on a Sharp BD-HP20U.

Every attempt so far has been kicked out of the BD player with "Incompatible Disk" or "Cannot Play Disc" message.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried using BD-R media? Or trying to play back the disc on another player?

We have the drive in house and a few more on order for future testing. So far everything I've read on the forums is correct, in that it will hang when using it internally but not via SATA or FireWire. We're still working on figuring out WHY it isn't working. To give you an example of what I mean, when you insert of a Blu-ray disc and choose to get Disc Information we send the drive a small string asking for details. According to specs, the string we send is absolutely correct yet it still hangs the drive for a long period of time. Now if we shorten the string (ask for less information) the drive does not hang. This is even though the same longer string works when the drive is connected via FireWire or USB. For now, still working on it but you'll need to use the drive connected externally for the moment.

Thanks, Patatrox. Nobody from support ever updated my case with this information. It's good to hear that you are working on this problem.

Keith W.

Archived