• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Burn Problem

cap2587

Question

I am using DVD Copy in EMC 10. I tried to use a different blank DVD for the burn and it isn't working. It is NX DVD-R 16 times. It is asking me to write in the copy speed, but then won't allow me to. I tried going to advanced copy, general options, but then it says no common speeds available. I was using the brand Memorax and had no such problems. Seems like it's not able to burn at 24 * write speed. Any advice.

3 answers to this question

The poster's burner is an ND-6550A in a Dell 9300 notebook. There are no firmware updates for this OEM drive, and the 103D firmware does not recognize the obscure 'Nextech' brand DVDs with a UME02 MID.

The poster has been advised to get some better-known DVDs, and this should solve the problem.

Brendon

I am using DVD Copy in EMC 10. I tried to use a different blank DVD for the burn and it isn't working. It is NX DVD-R 16 times. It is asking me to write in the copy speed, but then won't allow me to. I tried going to advanced copy, general options, but then it says no common speeds available. I was using the brand Memorax and had no such problems. Seems like it's not able to burn at 24 * write speed. Any advice.

It means that your burner isn't recognizing the media. Update the firmware for the burner, and don't use junk media. Where did you get NX media?

Seems like it's not able to burn at 24 * write speed. Any advice.

Not even Memorex will burn at 24X! There is no DVD Burner made that will burn a 24X. Two were just released at 22X but that is a joke also because media is only at 16X!

cd

Archived