• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Many Errors..."ordinal 968 Not Found" Among Others

gryphon12

Question

Downloaded and installed Creator 8 as an upgrade to Creator 7. Upon reboot got startup error "Ordinal 968 could not be located in dynamic link library LIBEAY32.DLL". Clicked CANCEL and proceeded. With any other program installations or just some normal operations Windows installer would try to re-install Creator. Had to CTRL-ALT-DELETE-END PROGRAM to halt activity. Bought and used several registry cleaner utilities, all for nought. Uninstalled Creator 8 and problems went away. Re-installed and problems are back. After several different attempts at cleaning upCreator had to eventually uninstall and discard all things Roxio/Sonic to get OS back into usable condition. Am afraid to install again.

Thought to call Technical Support but got message calls are $35 (even for an 8 day old piece of software?).

Anyone with any thoughts? Thanks.

9 answers to this question

...Upon reboot got startup error "Ordinal 968 could not be located in dynamic link library LIBEAY32.DLL".

The program that is calling for LIBEAY32.DLL seemed to be "bcmwltry.exe" on my machine. I found "bcmwltry.exe" in the C"\windows\system32 folder. It has to do with a Broadcom wireless network card I believe. As a test, I changed the name of the file to "bcmwltry.old" and my problems went away.

Downloaded and installed Creator 8 as an upgrade to Creator 7. Upon reboot got startup error "Ordinal 968 could not be located in dynamic link library LIBEAY32.DLL". Clicked CANCEL and proceeded. With any other program installations or just some normal operations Windows installer would try to re-install Creator. Had to CTRL-ALT-DELETE-END PROGRAM to halt activity. Bought and used several registry cleaner utilities, all for nought. Uninstalled Creator 8 and problems went away. Re-installed and problems are back. After several different attempts at cleaning upCreator had to eventually uninstall and discard all things Roxio/Sonic to get OS back into usable condition. Am afraid to install again.

Thought to call Technical Support but got message calls are $35 (even for an 8 day old piece of software?).

Hi gryphon12, acording to This site the LIBEAY32.DLL is a base of a knowin spyware app, and maybe needs to be removed

Infomation below:

The libeay32.dll library is required for Filezilla to function correctly. If you use Filezilla you should not terminate or remove libeay32.dll, unless it is causing problems for your system.

libeay32.dll is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk

The Spy Bot database currently registers libeay32.dll to Filezilla.

This is part of Filezilla.

The Spy Bot database is updated often, but inaccuracies may still exist, often caused by viruses named after valid files such as Libeay32 Library. Always verify your results just to play it safe.

What id sugest is that you do the following...

1. go to spybot and get there cleaner and do that on your system, or vist http://www.trend.com and run there free online virus and spyware cleaner first.

then do the following after the above is done.

you should do two things ,

If you have any EMC7 templates of files you want kept, move them first.

two run Roxio Zap a few times and that will remove your version on EMC8 & 7 and all the other items in the install side , then run this free registry cleaner (DOWNLOAD HERE) be careful that it doesn't remove any other parts of program's you want.

then reboot and that should have remove all parts of the EMC range.......

Now reboot and then try the install again...

make sure you have the time on the computer corect, and that you have the latist Directx installed....

let us all here know how it go's

Kazza, Limewire, or one of the other sites?

Neil, most of what I found on the OP's error in a google search involved Divx. I don't have an answer for him but didn't see anything about spyware. I don't doubt your info, just curious as I have seen this error spelled 2 different ways.

I'm afraid I spoke too soon about the re-installation of Roxio 7 and having everything work fine...sigh!

Shortly after this EMC 7 re-install I discovered that my 2 DVD burners were inacessible (would not mount) and that nothing I could do would allow me to use them. The Device Manager showed them to be in trouble (indicated by the exclamation point in the yellow triangle) and the troubleshooting help page said to uninstall the device drivers and then use Install Hardware to get them back to usability. Just get a message "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware (Code 37)". Following the troubleshooting instructions to the end simply generated a message saying it was a problem for which it had no more recommendations.

Did a System Restore to just before the EMC 7 install and the drives are back, but so are all the problems associated with the EMC 7 & 8 installations. I now believe things are sufficiently trashed that I'm going to completely wipe another drive I have and build the entire OS + programs back up again, less all things Roxio.

Just for info purposes, had earlier also installed EMC 8 on another computer, this being my laptop which is lightly loaded with programs and utilities, and am experiencing the same general type of problems.

Don't really know what is causing all of the difficulty as there are certainly many who use EMC 8, but I'm really Roxio-shy at this point.

Neil, most of what I found on the OP's error in a goggle search involved Divx. I don't have an answer for him but didn't see anything about Spyware. I don't doubt your info, just curious as I have seen this error spelled 2 different ways.

Hi Paul, my info is like your info, just a bit of in-death Goggle searching to, lets hope one of us has the correct resolve on this error... anyhow you know me, if prove wrong, I'm happy that the user has found a path to the fix for there issue...

and we are all happy to have a beer and play...

[i run Spybot, Ad-Aware SE, Anonomizer Anti-Spyware and Zone Alarm Security Suite religiously so am confident that I have no malicious software messing with me. At the start of the probems after the EMC 8 installation I had Googled "Ordinal 968" and found that all of the postings were in reference to "!x#?#" DivX, so decided that this was not applicable to EMC 8. Downloaded and ran the Roxio Zap utility several times even though it implies that it is only for the removal of Roxio v4 and v5. Set a System Restore point, crossed my fingers and re-installed EMC 8. Note: Crossing of fingers is no help, have since discontinued procedure as ineffectual. EMC 8 again produced the startup error of "Ordinal 968...". Did not even bother to go looking for the rest of the typical problems.

Prior to the installation I had set Zone Alarm up so that it would report any program attempts to connect to the internet during the installation and I got the following alert message: "DivX Component Installer.exe is trying to access the internet. IP 70.183.191.7:DNS"! It appears that EMC 8 uses DivX and that the "Ordinal 968..." problem is almost certainly related to the previously mentioned DivX Google postings. Gave up on EMC 8, did a System Restore and re-installed EMC 7 which works just fine as it did previously. A week's worth of hair pulling and the cost of EMC 8 down the drain, but I guess that's life in the computer lane.

Thanks for all the input.

[i run Spybot, Ad-Aware SE, Anonomizer Anti-Spyware and Zone Alarm Security Suite religiously so am confident that I have no malicious software messing with me. At the start of the probems after the EMC 8 installation I had Googled "Ordinal 968" and found that all of the postings were in reference to "!x#?#" DivX, so decided that this was not applicable to EMC 8. Downloaded and ran the Roxio Zap utility several times even though it implies that it is only for the removal of Roxio v4 and v5. Set a System Restore point, crossed my fingers and re-installed EMC 8. Note: Crossing of fingers is no help, have since discontinued procedure as ineffectual. EMC 8 again produced the startup error of "Ordinal 968...". Did not even bother to go looking for the rest of the typical problems.

Prior to the installation I had set Zone Alarm up so that it would report any program attempts to connect to the internet during the installation and I got the following alert message: "DivX Component Installer.exe is trying to access the internet. IP 70.183.191.7:DNS"! It appears that EMC 8 uses DivX and that the "Ordinal 968..." problem is almost certainly related to the previously mentioned DivX Google postings. Gave up on EMC 8, did a System Restore and re-installed EMC 7 which works just fine as it did previously. A week's worth of hair pulling and the cost of EMC 8 down the drain, but I guess that's life in the computer lane.

Thanks for all the input.

EMC 7.5 also uses DivX - it has a DivX to DVD program included in the suite.

BTW don't rely on Roxiozap to remove all traces of Roxio on your computer. Before using that utilty you should also use the uninstall of the Add/Remove from the Control Panel.

Hi gryphon12, acording to This site the LIBEAY32.DLL is a base of a knowin spyware app, and maybe needs to be removed

Infomation below:

The libeay32.dll library is required for Filezilla to function correctly. If you use Filezilla you should not terminate or remove libeay32.dll, unless it is causing problems for your system.

libeay32.dll is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk

The Spy Bot database currently registers libeay32.dll to Filezilla.

This is part of Filezilla.

The Spy Bot database is updated often, but inaccuracies may still exist, often caused by viruses named after valid files such as Libeay32 Library. Always verify your results just to play it safe.

What id sugest is that you do the following...

1. go to spybot and get there cleaner and do that on your system, or vist http://www.trend.com and run there free online virus and spyware cleaner first.

then do the following after the above is done.

you should do two things ,

If you have any EMC7 templates of files you want kept, move them first.

two run Roxio Zap a few times and that will remove your version on EMC8 & 7 and all the other items in the install side , then run this free registry cleaner (DOWNLOAD HERE) be careful that it doesn't remove any other parts of program's you want.

then reboot and that should have remove all parts of the EMC range.......

Now reboot and then try the install again...

make sure you have the time on the computer corect, and that you have the latist Directx installed....

let us all here know how it go's

Libeay32.dll is definitely not spyware. THis is a quote from the DivX forums site

Libeay32.dll is used in secure communiction software. DivX uses it to secure transmission for VOD(video on demand). DivX may be using a newer version (may even be installed correctly). If it is installed right then the problem rest with the other software that uses that DLL (maybe it needs upgrading or was installed wrong), but to expect DivX to supply support for someone else problem/mistake and product is ludicious.

Here is a link to a discussion of Libeay32.dll

http://forums.divx.com/groupee/forums/a/tp...852/r/266104952

Archived