Audio Fading Help

Tidewater

Question

I am a newbie at this stuff...I have done slideshows and added audio but this time I'm doing a slideshow for my college reunion and I want to add audio...not have an entire song play...then FADE into the next recording. I was going to build the project in Cinemagic then edit it in Video waves but does anyone know how I can have the audio FADE from one to another? I tried just adding it in Video waves from one phot to another but the transition is abrupt and I want a FADE...HELP...I only have 8 weeks to finish this!!

Judy

6 answers to this question

That functionality I described is done in Videowave. So do it when you're already in Videowave editing mode.

NOTE: Tidewater, sorry I accidentally overwrote your question but the above is the response to it.

If I'm in Video Wave and add a recording to the music track...where do I double click...on the little squre with the song's name on the bottom...on the photo...I'm lost!!

The one with the song's name on it. The suggestion given is to fade a song into silence. Read on to the next paragraph.

Rereading your post, you can use two different audio tracks to have the first song fade into the next. You might want to fade the first song into silence gradually and at the same time fade in to the next song.

Here is the excellent video tutorial created by sknis on how to insert music into a video/slide show.

Sknis: Thank you for the suggestion above.

Okay...I'm iVideo Wave...I've added two songs to the audio track...I right click on the production and up comes the video trimmer...so I start and stop the first song...when I try to start and stop the 2nd song...it makes it the first song...so I read some more and came upon instrcutions for the Sound Editor Window...which I cnnot find...HELP!!!!!!!

Okay...I'm iVideo Wave...I've added two songs to the audio track...I right click on the production and up comes the video trimmer...so I start and stop the first song...when I try to start and stop the 2nd song...it makes it the first song...so I read some more and came upon instrcutions for the Sound Editor Window...which I cnnot find...HELP!!!!!!!

Do you have the Deluxe version of EMC 8? That is the only one that has the audio editor as part of Video Wave. OEM or the standard versions do not have it.

You can watch the video that maletekid posted and do the fade in/out by adjusting the dots. Do this as the last thing before outputting the project to a mpg2 for DVD best quality or you will lose those edits when you reopen the project.

Go to the HOME APPLICATIONs page of EMC 8 and you'll see Sound Editor there. Many of the people who post frequently have moved to EMC 9 or 10 so we have to rely on memory.

Archived