• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Photos Messed Up

gmbdl

Question

I have put a few pictures into videowave, now adding music. All of a sudden all the pictures (both storyline and timeline) look "digitalized" with grey little squares all over the individual pictures. Can;t even make out what or who is in the picture. When I play the production, it looks fine in the preview window. This is not a large production, and was OK when I started. I did go to options and clear the proxy but don't think that had anything to do with it. I have never seen this before. What have I done????? MK

5 answers to this question

I am just curious and trying to learn more about Roxio. I had the same thing happen to another videowave I was working on. So I copied everything and deleted the original *.dat file like you suggested, then went back and opened the original *.dmsm file. It worked great. Why or what is the .dat file used for since I can open the original .dmsm file without it?? I figure if I know a bit more about the inner-workings, maybe I can figure out some of these problems myself. But then again, I enjoy everyone's comments and suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to comment. MK

I am just curious and trying to learn more about Roxio. I had the same thing happen to another videowave I was working on. So I copied everything and deleted the original *.dat file like you suggested, then went back and opened the original *.dmsm file. It worked great. Why or what is the .dat file used for since I can open the original .dmsm file without it?? I figure if I know a bit more about the inner-workings, maybe I can figure out some of these problems myself. But then again, I enjoy everyone's comments and suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to comment. MK

I think the .dat files contain the thumbnail display data used in your project. This data is used to display the images in the production editor. If you delete this file it will be re-created the next time you load the project into Videowave or myDVD.

I think the .dat files contain the thumbnail display data used in your project. This data is used to display the images in the production editor. If you delete this file it will be re-created the next time you load the project into Videowave or myDVD.

I have put a few pictures into videowave, now adding music. All of a sudden all the pictures (both storyline and timeline) look "digitalized" with grey little squares all over the individual pictures. Can;t even make out what or who is in the picture. When I play the production, it looks fine in the preview window. This is not a large production, and was OK when I started. I did go to options and clear the proxy but don't think that had anything to do with it. I have never seen this before. What have I done????? MK

Perhaps your project files (*.dmsm and *.dat) have become corrupted.

Try this:

1-make copies of the project files but still keep the original files

2-delete the original *.dat file

Open the original *.dmsm file in Videowave

See if that clears up the pixelation. If not you can "restore" the original project files from the copies.

Thank you so much. I went as far as to "repair" Roxio. I saved original to desktop, then dropped it back in and now it is working and looking fine. I was in a panic there for a while. Never had that happen before. MK

Archived