• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upgrade To 8, 9, 10

itsme51

Question

I currently work with version 7.5 and have had great results and lots of fun. Although I don't have any (well maybe a few) complaints about this version I'm just musing about upgrading. As I become more experienced in creating movies, slideshows, photos, audio projects, etc. I was thinking maybe newer versions would have more and cooler attributes. I am by no means an expert so maybe I don't even need to upgrade ?? I don't care about HD, iphones, camera phones, etc. and all the newest techno stuff. Just want to make creative and artistic DVDs and CDs. What are the pros and cons of 8, 9, 10 over 7.5?? Are the "creative" options in these versions very much improved over 7.5? Or are the improvements more focused on the newest technology of which I own none.

3 answers to this question

Many people complained that video quality after recoding with 8 was terrible compared to 7.5.

I like 7.5 and would recommend sticking with it, unless you find something that's an order of magnitude better and that you just have to have regardless of the upsets that changing to it will cause you.

It's my understanding that version 7x files will not work on the newer versions. You'll have to start everything over from scratch it you want to re-edit anything.

Sisterscape, thanks!. That's important to know.

Susan

Many people complained that video quality after recoding with 8 was terrible compared to 7.5.

I like 7.5 and would recommend sticking with it, unless you find something that's an order of magnitude better and that you just have to have regardless of the upsets that changing to it will cause you.

Brendon, thanks for your input. I certainly don't want to "lose" quality by upgrading. I thought I migiht gain by upgrading. So far, 7.5 is holding its own in the votes!! Thanks.

Susan

Archived