Iso's Greater Than 4.7 Gig

candle66

Question

If I have an ISO greater than 4.7 gig I cannot seem to burn it.

In version 7 and 7.6 which I bought, the ISO would get compressed when burnt to DVD.

In the current version 8 which I was led to believe was the best thing since Britney lost her voice I am not able to do this.

Am I missing something or is Version 8 a backward step with this missing and the inability to play titles without going back to the beginning when the first title has finished

10 answers to this question

In version 7 and 7.6 which I bought, the ISO would get compressed when burnt to DVD.

In the current version 8 which I was led to believe was the best thing since Britney lost her voice I am not able to do this.

Am I missing something or is Version 8 a backward step with this missing and the inability to play titles without going back to the beginning when the first title has finished

You are missing something. Disc Copier will still compress it for you.

Britney lost her voice? I thought it was the other 'V' word she lost. :)

Sorry, I was tempted.

Britney lost her voice? I thought it was the other 'V' word she lost. :)

Sorry, I was tempted.

well today i had a 5.4 gb iso and disk copier would not compress to a 4.7 gb dvd. it ejected it b4 it did a thing and told me i did not have enough space ?

well today i had a 5.4 gb iso and disk copier would not compress to a 4.7 gb dvd. it ejected it b4 it did a thing and told me i did not have enough space ?

What kind of burner do you have? I have a Plextor 716 and many times get a similar message when it is set to Power Burn. I simply select another setting other than Power Burn and it works fine. I've burned ISO's as large as 7.4gb with no problems.

What kind of burner do you have? I have a Plextor 716 and many times get a similar message when it is set to Power Burn. I simply select another setting other than Power Burn and it works fine. I've burned ISO's as large as 7.4gb with no problems.

came in my Toshiba laptop -its a multi DVD +/- and DVD RAM drive.

I do all my video editing and burning on it, no probs before

There are 2 disc copying programs in EMC 8. Are you using the one in the Home program, or the Disc Copier versin that opens as a separate app?

There are 2 disc copying programs in EMC 8. Are you using the one in the Home program, or the Disc Copier versin that opens as a separate app?

Disk copier i think

I double click the ISO and an app opens up.

Cannot test it at moemnt as I have no iso's on pc

Maybe it was me

I will try again at wekend

Disk copier i think

I double click the ISO and an app opens up.

Cannot test it at moemnt as I have no iso's on pc

Maybe it was me

I will try again at wekend

When you double click it did it open up screen A or B? If screen B, then that is the RecordNow Copy disc copy program that is part of the EMC 8 Home programs. You need the one that looks like screen A which is the stand alone copy app Disc Copier. Only Disc Copier will compress an ISO down to fit, the RecordNow Copy copier does not. You can launch Disc Copier by clicking on the Copy DVD Movies link shown in screen B. Or go thru Start -> Programs -> Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 -> Copy -> Dosc Copier

SCREEN A

post-71-1143212883.jpg

SCREEN B

post-71-1143212898.jpg

When you double click it did it open up screen A or B? If screen B, then that is the RecordNow Copy disc copy program that is part of the EMC 8 Home programs. You need the one that looks like screen A which is the stand alone copy app Disc Copier. Only Disc Copier will compress an ISO down to fit, the RecordNow Copy copier does not. You can launch Disc Copier by clicking on the Copy DVD Movies link shown in screen B. Or go thru Start -> Programs -> Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 -> Copy -> Dosc Copier

SCREEN A

post-71-1143212883.jpg

SCREEN B

post-71-1143212898.jpg

Ah hah ( not the band) I did not have screen A

I will try again

Thanks

Howard

Archived