• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Driver problems?

holaadios

Question

I have a Sony Vaio notebook pcg-k45 with microsoft windows xp home edition. Lately ive been having problems with the cd-rw/ dvd drive.

the problem is i cannot play dvds, play audio cds, or burn cds, on "my compuer" it used to list cdrw/dvd drive e, and now it just says : cd drive e (this is after i tried to fix it by uninstalling the driver, and reinstalling it. my computer didnt come with a windows cd.

its a QSI CD-RW/ DVD SBW 242c version 5.1.2535.0 microsoft 7/1/01...it used to list under drives: cdrom.sys, gearaspiWDM.sys , imapi.sys, and redbook.sys, (even then i think it was missing some drivers) now it just lists cdrom.sys

i tried contacting sony and they told me to uninstall and reboot, and that should reinstall drivers, but thats what got me into more stress as thats how the only driver that shows up now in the properties is the cdrom.sys driver. On start up, the computer detects new hardware and asks to install software for the drive but fails to find the software needed. the computer didnt come with a windows cd:-(

i was getting the exact same message as the first post, conflict with drivers at first, . i really need to find this conflicting driver or how to fix it, since i tired reinstalling the driver and the same message still comes up.

any expertise is appreciated

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I don't know why you're posting this in a Sonic forum, since nothing you have said indicates any use of Sonic software, but we would help if we could.

You have a Sony computer with Sony OEM windows, and no Windows CD. You have been in touch with Sony, and you should keep in touch with them until this problem is fixed. They know what your computer is and what software it should have, and they are the people who will have to provide the resources and talk you through a Windows repair or reinstall if that is necessary. Because we don't have that knowledge or the discs and licences for your Windows, I don't think we are in a position to help you. I'm sorry.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

I don't know why you're posting this in a Sonic forum, since nothing you have said indicates any use of Sonic software, but we would help if we could.

You have a Sony computer with Sony OEM windows, and no Windows CD. You have been in touch with Sony, and you should keep in touch with them until this problem is fixed. They know what your computer is and what software it should have, and they are the people who will have to provide the resources and talk you through a Windows repair or reinstall if that is necessary. Because we don't have that knowledge or the discs and licences for your Windows, I don't think we are in a position to help you. I'm sorry.

Regards,

Brendon

thanks for your reply,

i had originally posted in this thread : http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=36728 and somehow it got moved to a seperate thread. I was having the same problems of driver conflicts and message from roxio saying to go to a link for help, but just got redirected to their home page with no help. and the computer saying it detected new hardware but coulsnt find the drivers.

thanks for your reply,

i had originally posted in this thread : http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=36728 and somehow it got moved to a seperate thread. I was having the same problems of driver conflicts and message from roxio saying to go to a link for help, but just got redirected to their home page with no help. and the computer saying it detected new hardware but coulsnt find the drivers.

You still have not posted what software you are using. Sonic/Roxio has dozens of applications and until you tell us what program you are having trouble with nobody can help you.

Having the same symptoms is NOT the same as having the same problem. If the car won't start, it could be lack of fuel, no keys in the ignition, faulty sparkplugs, etc.

And there is a difference in what tools, parts, etc, depending on the make and model and year.

So more details on what software AND what hardware are involved would be needed before any useful answers can be given.

Lynn

Archived