• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Filling Ram Cache-dialogue Box

az26570

Question

Have a new problem w/Toast 8.0.3. When saving VIDEO_TS files as a disc image before burning, the multiplexing is immediately followed by a new dialogue box stating "Filling the RAM cache ... 4%" and "0 Completed". The process hangs for hours and the completed DVD only has the menu I created for the burn and nothing else. Is there a specific folder location or preference item for a RAM cache in Toast? I have tried deleting the .plist files and also re-installed Toast with no luck.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I'm confused by your mentioning VIDEO_TS and multiplexing in the same project. If you are using a VIDEO_TS folder as the source you have two ways of going: one is to use the DVD video from VIDEO_TS setting. When this is done there is no multiplexing. The other is to use the Toast Media Browser to extract the MPEG videos from the VIDEO_TS folder. This is done by placing the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or in the Movies folder, clicking DVD with the top button of the Media Browser and dragging what you want from the browser window to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. In this case Toast does multiplex the video before starting the process to make the disc image or burn the DVD. The filling RAM cache step is normal.

If you are dragging a VIDEO_TS folder or VOBs to the Video window for any setting other than DVD video from VIDEO_TS then that is why it isn't working. Use the Media Browser instead.

I'm confused by your mentioning VIDEO_TS and multiplexing in the same project. If you are using a VIDEO_TS folder as the source you have two ways of going: one is to use the DVD video from VIDEO_TS setting. When this is done there is no multiplexing. The other is to use the Toast Media Browser to extract the MPEG videos from the VIDEO_TS folder. This is done by placing the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or in the Movies folder, clicking DVD with the top button of the Media Browser and dragging what you want from the browser window to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. In this case Toast does multiplex the video before starting the process to make the disc image or burn the DVD. The filling RAM cache step is normal.

If you are dragging a VIDEO_TS folder or VOBs to the Video window for any setting other than DVD video from VIDEO_TS then that is why it isn't working. Use the Media Browser instead.

In the DVD-Video setting, I am using the Toast Media Browser to drag titles pulled from VIDEO_TS folders I want to use into the DVD video content window. Everything works fine until I'm making the disc image, when after doing the multiplexing, the process stalls at filling the RAM cache. It is just a recent event, prior creation of disc images did not stall out.

In the DVD-Video setting, I am using the Toast Media Browser to drag titles pulled from VIDEO_TS folders I want to use into the DVD video content window. Everything works fine until I'm making the disc image, when after doing the multiplexing, the process stalls at filling the RAM cache. It is just a recent event, prior creation of disc images did not stall out.

Sorry, I don't know why this would happen. You might consider trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and also reinstalling with a new copy of Toast. However, I don't know if that will make any difference. Have you tried with other videos? Maybe it is just this one that is stalling at the start of writing. It's a baffling issue that I don't recall anyone previously describing.

Archived