• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Burn Anything With Toast, 7,8, Or 9

PhotoMaryland

Question

I'm new to this forum, so if this was answered elsewhere, I must have missed it.

Ok. I installed Leopard (big mistake), on 3 of my 4 Macs (Mac Pro, G5 Tower, MBP, and Powerbook).

Ever since then, I have not been able to burn a single disk of ANY kind with Toast. I just

bought Toast 9 today, excited that MAYBE it would work with retarded Leopard, but no way.

I can burn a disk, sometimes, with just using Burn Folder through the system.

Any help, etc. would be appreciated.

Brian in Baltimore

5 answers to this question

Did a brief search, and I may have missed anything similar, post wise..so forgive the overlap if this is mentioned elsewhere.

Bottom line? After installing Leopard on 3 of my four Macs, I can't burn ANYTHING with Toast. Zilch. I can burn using the Mac

Burn Folder, or iTunes, but Toast? Forget it. Not with version 7, 8, or 9. Get a MEDIUM ERROR, 0x73, 0x03 message, and more.

I even wiped an entire hard drive, re-installed Leopard, and all my other programs on a clean drive, and still, nothing with Toast.

Anyone having similar troubles?

Brian

Did a brief search, and I may have missed anything similar, post wise..so forgive the overlap if this is mentioned elsewhere.

Bottom line? After installing Leopard on 3 of my four Macs, I can't burn ANYTHING with Toast. Zilch. I can burn using the Mac

Burn Folder, or iTunes, but Toast? Forget it. Not with version 7, 8, or 9. Get a MEDIUM ERROR, 0x73, 0x03 message, and more.

I even wiped an entire hard drive, re-installed Leopard, and all my other programs on a clean drive, and still, nothing with Toast.

Anyone having similar troubles?

Brian

Hmmmmm try erasing the Toast plist file .... its called com.roxio.toast.plist .... sometimes these need to be erased on mac software when weird things happen.... If all your other stuff works and its just Toast.... kinda weird since you did a clean install and everything... Have you tried running Toast on a different account ? Does the account have write privileges set .... very strange indeed especially if its on 3 different machines ... crazy.

Do you have an external usb burner you can test as well ? Also be sure to try a different brand media - just in case....

I'm new to this forum, so if this was answered elsewhere, I must have missed it.

Ok. I installed Leopard (big mistake), on 3 of my 4 Macs (Mac Pro, G5 Tower, MBP, and Powerbook).

Ever since then, I have not been able to burn a single disk of ANY kind with Toast. I just

bought Toast 9 today, excited that MAYBE it would work with retarded Leopard, but no way.

I can burn a disk, sometimes, with just using Burn Folder through the system.

Any help, etc. would be appreciated.

Brian in Baltimore

What happens when you try to burn a disc?

What happens when you try to burn a disc?

What happens when I try to burn a disk?

Toast gives me an error message: Sense Code=0x0C, then I click on that OK, and then I get the Mac system burning error message/code,

which I did not write down, but could certainly replicate the problem to get that code error if that would be helpful.

What happens when I try to burn a disk?

Toast gives me an error message: Sense Code=0x0C, then I click on that OK, and then I get the Mac system burning error message/code,

which I did not write down, but could certainly replicate the problem to get that code error if that would be helpful.

Can you try burning a music CD under iTunes for me and let me know if this works?

Archived