Adding Music To Menus

juano92126

Question

6 answers to this question

I am trying to figure out how to have music playing in the background when the menu is on-screen.

Then the music would end once you clicked and made your selection on what movie to play.

I can not find it in the online help file.

Thanks

Unfortunately you can not include audio on the DVD/BD menus.

Sorry!

Sorry!

My question is, why not?

It's an obvious enhancement, and I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to implement (though, comparing the VTS structures of a toast dvd vs an iDVD one, I could be mistaken). Is it that there's no way to add the feature to the authoring engine Roxio uses, or is it just something that hasn't been bothered with?

My question is, why not?

It's an obvious enhancement, and I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to implement (though, comparing the VTS structures of a toast dvd vs an iDVD one, I could be mistaken). Is it that there's no way to add the feature to the authoring engine Roxio uses, or is it just something that hasn't been bothered with?

I can't answer why not and I've suggested it to Roxio as well. The decision is intentional. One thing that may be a factor is it reduces the available space on disc for the video content. Roxio would need to reserve more space for menus and rewrite how much space is available for other content. They may also think having audio with a still-frame menu is not so appealing that it's worth the rewrite. Their philosophy when they first put DVD authoring in Toast 6 was that Toast is for the people who watch movies, not menus. The menus look much better than in earlier versions but they continue to be simple.

My particular interest is in Toast adding audio to the DVD slide shows which iDVD can do.

Sorry!

Well, that explains why I could not get it to work.

It seems odd that Toast does not have a feature to add music to the DVD Menus. Every DVD has music playing when the menu is on screen.

What program do people use to add music to DVD menus? iDVD, iMovie or?

Thanks

Well, that explains why I could not get it to work.

It seems odd that Toast does not have a feature to add music to the DVD Menus. Every DVD has music playing when the menu is on screen.

What program do people use to add music to DVD menus? iDVD, iMovie or?

Thanks

iDVD and DVD Studio Pro can do this. So can CaptyDVD 2 which has the option for 15 or 30 seconds of audio that stops at the end and doesn't repeat.

Archived