Sign in to follow this  
jhillestad

Avchd And Ps3 On Dvd-r *works* With 9.02

Question

Just made a hi def disc using a standard dvd-r and 4 different avchd .mts files with a menu that played back wonderfully on the PS3's blu ray.

Anyone with a avchd camera - Toast 9 is a must , makes discs and converts files - sweet! All thats left now is a native avchd editor and I'll be in hog heaven! does not even need to be a full editor a simple cut and paste in native .mts will do for now....

2 answers to this question

Just made a hi def disc using a standard dvd-r and 4 different avchd .mts files with a menu that played back wonderfully on the PS3's blu ray.

Anyone with a avchd camera - Toast 9 is a must , makes discs and converts files - sweet! All thats left now is a native avchd editor and I'll be in hog heaven! does not even need to be a full editor a simple cut and paste in native .mts will do for now....

Toast 9 does including editing for AVCHD content.

1) Add your AVCHD footage to the content area

2) Click the EDIT button to the right of it

3) Click EDIT in the window that pops up

4) Voila - Add crop markers and adjust them so that the portions of video you don't want are croppedo ut

5) Close Toast Video Player and click save

Toast 9 does including editing for AVCHD content.

1) Add your AVCHD footage to the content area

2) Click the EDIT button to the right of it

3) Click EDIT in the window that pops up

4) Voila - Add crop markers and adjust them so that the portions of video you don't want are croppedo ut

5) Close Toast Video Player and click save

I will give that another try..... The first time I tried using the editor it did not seem to work on avchd files and I could not find any documentation so I went to elgato's site and the editing was different from the documentation I downloaded there.... I will try and cut and paste avchd again... maybe I did not follow things correctly... the cut and paste options seem to always be greyed out....

Are the files being edited in native .mts format or are they converted before editing is allowed ?

Thanks

Edited by jhillestad