• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Incompatible Discs

Topster

Question

Hi everyone,

My 1st post & problem: Just got DVDit Pro HD, as it's got a few new features, I would like to use on future DVDs.

My first issue is that I created a project full frame, 4:3 PAL, in SD. The idea was to mimic my current project that I authored in Sonics ReelDVD and add a few extras like set button highlights. Completed the disc authoring (spend 8 hours transcoding the files during the night) Only to find "the DVD is incompatible" according to my set-top DVD player.

Thinking it was me on a learning created the most basic DVD. A single file looped (.mov 720 x 576 25fps from a AVid Xpress Pro) and got the same message.

Anyone got any ideas - I've been creating DVD for over 8 years and I am so ...... I've almost broken my head over this...

Normally software works first time, until the user brakes it.. Reading some pages makes me think there are a lot of issues with this software.

As anyone had the same problem and fixed it. - I'm not even going to attempt a HD project yet...

6 answers to this question

Well I'm here again.

I have no - idea what the problem is but DVDit pro HD is producing incompatible DVD in SD mode.

Simulation and Burn disc work fine - no errors are reported.

I've tried transcode quicktime refs files.

I've created media file in an external program.

The main problem is that non of the discs it creates will play in any set top box and without a error message I'm shooting in the dark, trying to fix it.

can I ask people to list there setup I'm going to study and try other peoples set to see if there is a conflict in software:

What do I need to know:

Does your version of DVDit Pro HD work with your current setup?

O/S:

service pack:

Web Browser and version number:

Do you use AVi or QT:

Do you use QT ref:

What software do you use to edit/create your files, also include version number:

Do you have window media player installed and which version?

What kind of Graphics card do you use?

Now your most creative/most used software:

Here is my specs:

Windows XP

Service Pack 2 - thinking of upgrading to SP3

Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

Quicktime Pro 7.4.5

I use Quicktime Ref file or both depending if I need to backup the project to DVD

I use Avid Xpress Pro 5.8.3

Window Media Player 11.0.5721.5145

Matrox Parhelia 128MB Driver 2.5.1.3

Software:

Avid Xpress Pro

Lightwave 3D v9

Photoshop 6.0

GoLive 6.0

DVDit Pro HD 6.31B11A

Sonic record now 7.3

Sonic ReelDVD 3.1.3a

Sonic EDVD 4.01 -

Cineplayer 3.9.1 -

Cinecraft Encoder 2.70.01.16

SureThing CD labeler 4.2.01

So that's my set-up - What I use to be creative with. I've got about a month to solve this problem before by BIG project finishes filming and I've got to produce the most interactive disc possible. Other wise I've got to purchase other software to do the job - But I've always been a Sonic fan.

Hopefully I will be able to post some finds that will help some people solve there problems or improve future updates.

I've set the project defaults to PAL/SECAM

UK based so Region 2

I'm using a Panasonic DMR - E55 is the main testing machine. I normaly have good track record of creating discs that work on any machine.

I also have a Panasonic DVD- A350 think it's one of the 1-2nd generation of DVD players.

and a Cyber Home DVD - 400 very cheap sort of thing a teenager would have, as it will play anything on it (lady of the night)

I know If I can get dvdr's to play on all the panasonics then I know the discs work fine.

I've created a test disc with ReelDVD using the same footage to produce a simple one video clip, that is first play and loops. It works fine on all dvd players.

I've set the project defaults to PAL/SECAM

UK based so Region 2

I'm using a Panasonic DMR - E55 is the main testing machine. I normaly have good track record of creating discs that work on any machine.

I also have a Panasonic DVD- A350 think it's one of the 1-2nd generation of DVD players.

and a Cyber Home DVD - 400 very cheap sort of thing a teenager would have, as it will play anything on it (lady of the night)

I know If I can get dvdr's to play on all the panasonics then I know the discs work fine.

I've created a test disc with ReelDVD using the same footage to produce a simple one video clip, that is first play and loops. It works fine on all dvd players.

Have you tried to Build to Volume and trying to see if a software player works on the files?

Archived