• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Importing Dv Footage

Sim667

Question

So I'm trying to import dv footage from a camera using toast 9..... it starts importing fine but when it gets near the end of the tape it gives me error code 108: the last command could not be actioned due to lack of memory....

there's 175gigs free on the hard drive, anyone know what else may be causing it?

4 answers to this question

i'd like to archive my miniDV tapes to DVD using toast, but am having the same problems described above.

i have plenty of disk space. i've tried import and burn, i've tried import and save as disk image, i've tried as small as 5 minutes of footage. the import completes, there's a hang, then toast crashes. the report that comes up to send to apple shows:

i've tried removing hard drives, trashing preferences

i'm using toast 9.0.2 (261) on mac g5 10.5.2. trying to import from sony camcorder via firewire.

thanks for any suggestions,

-db

I suggest getting Rember and running an extensive test of your Mac's Ram.

Some alternatives to using Toast for capturing DV video are QuickTime Pro, Vidi, and AVCVideoCap (from Apple's Firewire SDK at developer.apple.com)

I haven't tried Plug & Burn with Toast 9. How long is your DV video? Which Mac and OS are you using? I can give it a try on my system to see if the same happens. Be sure to update to 9.0.2.

Update isnt done, ill do that

am running mac os x 10.5.2 on a 2.4 hhz intel core 2 duo with 1 gb of ram

the video was an hour.

i'd like to archive my miniDV tapes to DVD using toast, but am having the same problems described above.

i have plenty of disk space. i've tried import and burn, i've tried import and save as disk image, i've tried as small as 5 minutes of footage. the import completes, there's a hang, then toast crashes. the report that comes up to send to apple shows:

Parent Process: launchd [185]

Date/Time: 2008-06-29 20:57:01.210 -0700

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)

Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000020

Crashed Thread: 0

i've tried removing hard drives, trashing preferences

i'm using toast 9.0.2 (261) on mac g5 10.5.2. trying to import from sony camcorder via firewire.

thanks for any suggestions,

-db

Archived