• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Extensions Changed

jedigene

Question

I purchased and installed Creator 10 and now all my pdf files have been changed to jpg files. Anyone had this happen? If so, please advise on how to get my pdf files back. I spent a lot of time scanning and filing manuals and documents just to loose them.

Thanks.... :angry2:

2 answers to this question

Are you sure the file extensions have changed, or is it just the icon representing the files has changed?

You need to make Windows uncloak your file extensions if you haven't done so already, so you can check them. Open your hard drive in Windows Explorer, go to the top toolbar Tools > Folder Options > View and uncheck the box 'Hide extensions for known file types' and click 'apply to all folders'.

If the file extensions have changed I'm amazed because I've never seen that happen before, and I'll sit down and be quiet for a while.

If the extensions haven't changed, but something has changed their association so they now call on some other program when you double-click them, you can change the association back. Go to the top toolbar Tools > Folder Options > File Types, and find PDF. Click the 'Change' button, and in the subsequent "Open with" window locate and select your Acrobat reader, check the 'Always use. . .' box, and click OK.

Please tell us how you go.

Brendon

Archived