• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

saculver7

Emc 8 Deluxe Suite - Where Is Content File/link?

Question

Last week I downloaded EMC 8 Suite only to find that certain features that I had before (in 7.5 Suite) had been moved into the EMC 8 Deluxe Suite. When I downloaded EMC 8 Suite (last week) I got two links: one for program and one for content.

When I downloaded EMC 8 Deluxe Suite I only get one link for program and nothing for the content. How do I get/access the additional content?

Thanks!

21 answers to this question

Last week I downloaded EMC 8 Suite only to find that certain features that I had before (in 7.5 Suite) had been moved into the EMC 8 Deluxe Suite. When I downloaded EMC 8 Suite (last week) I got two links: one for program and one for content.

When I downloaded EMC 8 Deluxe Suite I only get one link for program and nothing for the content. How do I get/access the additional content?

Thanks!

As far as im aware there should be a link for this content part of the package...

2nd file was : roxioemcdlxsuitecontentcdv8.05.exe was 315,668 kb

1st file was : roxioemcdlxsuitev8.exe was 467.829kb

Id email support or contact the sales contact that you did it with ASAP and ask them were the other link is.

Before your links time out....

As far as im aware there should be a link for this content part of the package...

2nd file was : roxioemcdlxsuitecontentcdv8.05.exe was 315,668 kb

1st file was : roxioemcdlxsuitev8.exe was 467.829kb

Id email support or contact the sales contact that you did it with ASAP and ask them were the other link is.

Before your links time out....

I spent many hours on the phone to Customer Support / Sales today... useless, they all claim that there is no "extra" content link for the deluxe package.

I spent many hours on the phone to Customer Support / Sales today... useless, they all claim that there is no "extra" content link for the deluxe package.

How big was the download?

I'm currently talking to Customer Service (on hold) right now.... they're arguing with me -- I can't

believe this mess...

Have fun and keep your cool...... :)

I think you'll find that the Deluxe Suite uses the same content disc as the EMC8 suite.

I think you'll find that the Deluxe Suite uses the same content disc as the EMC8 suite.

I was wondering if that might be the case but didn't want to try it out unless it became a last resort. I still have the content file that I downloaded for the non-Deluxe Suite.

One question though: supposedly you get extra "content" (themes and such) with the Deluxe Suite; where does that content come from? Is it also in the non-Deluxe content file but just not installed unless you're using the Deluxe Suite?

I was wondering if that might be the case but didn't want to try it out unless it became a last resort. I still have the content file that I downloaded for the non-Deluxe Suite.

One question though: supposedly you get extra "content" (themes and such) with the Deluxe Suite; where does that content come from? Is it also in the non-Deluxe content file but just not installed unless you're using the Deluxe Suite?

Yes, the Deluxe Suite should have its own content CD. We are verifying and attempting to correct now. Ideally all affected users will receive an e-mail describing the problem and be able to download the new content disc.

Yes, the Deluxe Suite should have its own content CD. We are verifying and attempting to correct now. Ideally all affected users will receive an e-mail describing the problem and be able to download the new content disc.

I have also purchased EMC 8 Suite, but now it seems that I should have purchased EMC 8 De Lux in order to have all the functions I were use to in my EMC 7 version - can I upgrade from EMC 8 Suite to De Lux, or do I need to purchase a complete package again?

I have also purchased EMC 8 Suite, but now it seems that I should have purchased EMC 8 De Lux in order to have all the functions I were use to in my EMC 7 version - can I upgrade from EMC 8 Suite to De Lux, or do I need to purchase a complete package again?

I to would like to know if we can upgrade to the deluxe version.

Wow - this is very useful info. I wish I'd known this before I spent two days searching for content, trolling the forum for answers and trying to convince Sonic that they failed to deliver a complete order. I wonder how many customers are still struggling with this problem when all they need to do is read this cleverly hidden post.

So when can we download said content disc?

Some of us ordered the download version because we are on very tight deadlines.

Wow - this is very useful info. I wish I'd known this before I spent two days searching for content, trolling the forum for answers and trying to convince Sonic that they failed to deliver a complete order. I wonder how many customers are still struggling with this problem when all they need to do is read this cleverly hidden post.

So when can we download said content disc?

Some of us ordered the download version because we are on very tight deadlines.

I have to guess that all customers have the same problem. As for when the content download, you will have to ask Roxio. In case you haven't frequented the forums, this IS NOT ROXIO TECH SUPPORT.

We are users, just like you.

I have to guess that all customers have the same problem. As for when the content download, you will have to ask Roxio. In case you haven't frequented the forums, this IS NOT ROXIO TECH SUPPORT.

I opened this problem this morning (Friday 03/24) with a Tech Support person who recognized the problem (after having spent many hours the day before on/off hold talking to Customer Service trying to convince them that there was a problem). They tried to help but just were not familiar enough with the product to know that there was a "content" element to it.

The Tech Support person said that he would contact me by E-mail when they had a resolution.... as of Friday evening I still have not heard anything.

It appears that if you downloaded the Deluxe Suite version recently you'll have to wait until they resolve this problem.

As Patatrox said they know of the problem and are working to correct it.Help should be on the way soon.

Yes, I understand that bit in all caps. Sorry, but when I posed this question to the user identified by the Roxio logo and the title Community Manager - the one who wrote "We are verifying and attempting to correct now" - I thought maybe he had more info than the usual users. It's that whole "we" thing, y'know. Makes it sound like he's on the inside. But since he's just some guy attempting to verify the problem and correct it on his own, well now I'm totally embarrassed for snapping at him like that.

well now I'm totally embarrassed for snapping at him like that.

Patrick is a good guy, im sure he will take it like a grain of salt ....

he will be cool..

Yes, I understand that bit in all caps. Sorry, but when I posed this question to the user identified by the Roxio logo and the title Community Manager - the one who wrote "We are verifying and attempting to correct now" - I thought maybe he had more info than the usual users. It's that whole "we" thing, y'know. Makes it sound like he's on the inside. But since he's just some guy attempting to verify the problem and correct it on his own, well now I'm totally embarrassed for snapping at him like that.

You're allowed to snap, I represent Roxio and we made a mistake.

This SHOULD be resolved by end of day today, if not I will come back to this post and find a way to get those affected a content disc outside of normal channels.

You're allowed to snap, I represent Roxio and we made a mistake.

This SHOULD be resolved by end of day today, if not I will come back to this post and find a way to get those affected a content disc outside of normal channels.

Those affected who posted in this thread should have received an e-mail from me....

Those affected who posted in this thread should have received an e-mail from me....

I did, and sincerely appreciate your attention to this matter.