• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Not Burn Bd-re

Globe Video

Question

I am new to DVDIt Pro HD. I created a simple project and successfully burned a BD-R disk (from Volume). It plays OK in Sony BDP S500 player (software upgraded to Version 3.6). I can not burn a BD-RE from either the volume or from the ISO image. I am using a LaCie external BD burner (with Panasonic 5582 buner inside). The DB-RE disk is Version 2.1. The error message is "Unexpected device sense code %0 -27240." HELP.

5 answers to this question

Out of curosity, is the BD-RE disc one that has never been formatted? Second question: if you erase the disc, do you get the same error (quick format or full erase)?

Yes, the disk was new out of the box. After I burned the BD-RE disk with Media Creator, I can now burn it with DVDIt! Pro HD. So, DVDIt! can not format a new disk? How do I format it? Do I need another utility?

Thanks for helping.

Yes, the disk was new out of the box. After I burned the BD-RE disk with Media Creator, I can now burn it with DVDIt! Pro HD. So, DVDIt! can not format a new disk? How do I format it? Do I need another utility?

Thanks for helping.

This might be a bit late for you. Try Ashampoo, it will actually tell you that the BD needs to be formated before burning. You'd think that a then $500.00 program would give you this little bit of information. Keep asking for updates as you might, but Roxio is more interested in their consumer level burning software. What a sad state of affairs this companies priority's are in. I guarantee now that Blu-Ray won the war, software will be coming out in droves and people should fly away from DVDit Pro HD, I know I will. No updates and the worst tech suppot in history!

So, I just burned a BD-RE disk from the ISO image using Roxio Creater. What's wrong with DVDIt Pro HD? Also, the BD-RE disk played on my computer using Cybelink Power DVD Ultra, even though the BD-R disk will not play with this software. Both play fine on the Sony S500 player. Does anyone know how to get the earlier version of Power DVD Ultra (versin 7.3.2605.0) so that I can play my BD-R disks on my computer?

Archived