• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jhillestad

Hi Def Burning On Cd-r ?

Question

I was playing around with burning blu ray standard dvd-r and the PS3 now that it works with the PS3 and noticed that CDR is alo an option so I made a disc (with less movies obviously) onto it - it seems to make a disc exactly as it would for dvd-r except it just has less space on it...

BUT the PS3 simply just ignores the disc , it does not even see it as a data disc... has anyone made a blu ray playback disc using a standard cd-r and have it seen by any player as a movie disc ? I realize you would only get like 5 minutes or so on it but for small stuff there's nothing wrong with that either.... but I think the firmware of the blu ray is rejecting the cdr as a valid movie disc.... if so , is that on all blu ray players ? If someone has a normal set top blu ray (non ps3) can you make a 1 or 2 min hi def video on cdr to test ?

3 answers to this question

I was playing around with burning blu ray standard dvd-r and the PS3 now that it works with the PS3 and noticed that CDR is alo an option so I made a disc (with less movies obviously) onto it - it seems to make a disc exactly as it would for dvd-r except it just has less space on it...

BUT the PS3 simply just ignores the disc , it does not even see it as a data disc... has anyone made a blu ray playback disc using a standard cd-r and have it seen by any player as a movie disc ? I realize you would only get like 5 minutes or so on it but for small stuff there's nothing wrong with that either.... but I think the firmware of the blu ray is rejecting the cdr as a valid movie disc.... if so , is that on all blu ray players ? If someone has a normal set top blu ray (non ps3) can you make a 1 or 2 min hi def video on cdr to test ?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no specification that supports HD on CD, meaning no matter what we put on the CD, the PS3 won't play it.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no specification that supports HD on CD, meaning no matter what we put on the CD, the PS3 won't play it.

Is that a PS3 thing or blu ray in general ? If its not allowed shouldn't toast not allow a cd-r burn since it wont play anyway or maybe it will one day so let it stay ? I wish blu ray would allow cdr's because its perfect for quick clips and the media is cheaper than dvd-r.

I haven't tested it, but I imagine that you can actually play the file on the disc (if you navigate to it manually), it just wont automatically play. I guess the best way is to just give it a shot (if it doesn't work, you only wasted a CD-R and a little time), I just am a little swamped right now and I don't have time to test it.