Copying To Wrong Drive?

tasha

Question

I have Vista on my Dell laptop. When I copy a dvd of my child's recital, it copies okay, but then when I try to burn it, I get the message that there's not enough drive space. I think it must be copying to the D Recovery drive instead of the OS C drive which has plenty of memory. Has anyone else had this problem? Roxio doesn't prompt for where to copy to, and I can't find a way to change it to the C drive.

Any help will be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

It doesn't go casting about for drives, it builds the temp files on your C:\ drive, about 5gb!

How much Free Space do you have on your C:\ drive???

Thanks for responding. On my c drive, I have 98.1 GB. When I talked to Dell support, they wanted me to reinstall Windows to get rid of a partition. I hate to do that because I'll lose everything and have to start all over. If it's saving on my c drive, it should have plenty of memory, so I'm stumped.

Thanks for responding. On my c drive, I have 98.1 GB. When I talked to Dell support, they wanted me to reinstall Windows to get rid of a partition. I hate to do that because I'll lose everything and have to start all over. If it's saving on my c drive, it should have plenty of memory, so I'm stumped.

It copies, and then prompts for a blank dvd. Then it begins to burn the dvd, but shortly after that, I get the message that there is not enough drive space.

Drive space or disc space?

How large in megabyte or gigabyte is the DVD your copying? What size blank DVD are you burning to?

cd

Drive space or disc space?

How large in megabyte or gigabyte is the DVD your copying? What size blank DVD are you burning to?

cd

6.6 is the disc I am trying to copy; the blank disc is 8.7, so it should work, but I keep getting the message that there's not enough space

6.6 is the disc I am trying to copy; the blank disc is 8.7, so it should work, but I keep getting the message that there's not enough space

Is there a drop down box at the bottom of the window to change disc size?

cd

I have Vista on my Dell laptop. When I copy a dvd of my child's recital, it copies okay, but then when I try to burn it, I get the message that there's not enough drive space. I think it must be copying to the D Recovery drive instead of the OS C drive which has plenty of memory. Has anyone else had this problem? Roxio doesn't prompt for where to copy to, and I can't find a way to change it to the C drive.

Any help will be appreciated.

tasha,

did this software come installed on the Dell? Or is it a bought Retail Version of Roxio EMC 9?

You say it copies fine, what do you mean? You say "when I try to burn it" from where to where?

cd

tasha,

did this software come installed on the Dell? Or is it a bought Retail Version of Roxio EMC 9?

You say it copies fine, what do you mean? You say "when I try to burn it" from where to where?

cd

Thank you for responding. Yes, it came installed on my Dell laptop, so it's not the retail product. When I copy, it shows that I am copying from my e drive (which is the drive that takes cds or dvds). It copies, and then prompts for a blank dvd. Then it begins to burn the dvd, but shortly after that, I get the message that there is not enough drive space. I think it must be saving to the d: recovery drive which doesn't have much memory. I'd like to make sure it's saving to the OS c drive which has plenty of memory, but I don't know how to make sure it does that.

Archived