Vcgproxyfilemanager10.exe & Dvd Authoring

John_M

Question

I just wanted to share a piece of knowledge just on the off-chance that it might save someone else a few hours of problems.

I was having problems trying to edit movies through mydvd / videowave. I knew there was something going on in the background that was causing VCGProxyFileManager10.exe to thrash my processor at around 50% - 90%, consequently when I tried to edit the movie EMC 10 would just hang.

This is what solved the issue I was having:

I went into the add/remove programmes and uninstalled the Roxio Cine Player Decoder Pack - during the removal a message flashed up to tell me that mydvd was using some files that needed to be removed - that made this look promising. I quit the Mydvd app and completed the cine pack removal. (I wouldn't recommend leaving applications open when installing/uninstalling - I left mydvd open on this occasion to see what happened).

I then rebooted and went into Mydvd and found that I couldn't do anything with it.

I rebooted again and went back to the add/remove programmes and did a 'Change' (not 'remove') of Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite - I then selected 'Repair'. When it was finished I rebooted the machine, went back to mydvd and the programmes was again working perfectly. Also, VCGProxyFileManager10.exe had settled back to taking between 0% - 2% of my CPU :)

Incidentally (just for further information), when I installed EMC 10, I chose not to install the Cine Player.

HTH someone.

All the best,

John.

1 answer to this question

I just wanted to share a piece of knowledge just on the off-chance that it might save someone else a few hours of problems.

I was having problems trying to edit movies through mydvd / videowave. I knew there was something going on in the background that was causing VCGProxyFileManager10.exe to thrash my processor at around 50% - 90%, consequently when I tried to edit the movie EMC 10 would just hang.

This is what solved the issue I was having:

I went into the add/remove programmes and uninstalled the Roxio Cine Player Decoder Pack - during the removal a message flashed up to tell me that mydvd was using some files that needed to be removed - that made this look promising. I quit the Mydvd app and completed the cine pack removal. (I wouldn't recommend leaving applications open when installing/uninstalling - I left mydvd open on this occasion to see what happened).

I then rebooted and went into Mydvd and found that I couldn't do anything with it.

I rebooted again and went back to the add/remove programmes and did a 'Change' (not 'remove') of Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite - I then selected 'Repair'. When it was finished I rebooted the machine, went back to mydvd and the programmes was again working perfectly. Also, VCGProxyFileManager10.exe had settled back to taking between 0% - 2% of my CPU :)

Incidentally (just for further information), when I installed EMC 10, I chose not to install the Cine Player.

HTH someone.

All the best,

John.

At some point VCGProxyFileManager10.exe will come back using all of your CPU :rolleyes:

Archived