• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave (emc10) Causes Computer To Crash

pilotc182

Question

Upgraded from My Video 5 to EMC10 last week - begining to wish I hadn't :-(

While rendering a movie (stills & AVI compilation) Videowave completely crashes (turns off) the computer at around 250mb/80% rendered.

Why ? No other programmes are running in the frontline.

I am trying to render to 1080p in XP Pro on a 1.73 centrino Toshiba Satellite with 2gb Ram and 13gb of spare HDD space

Any ideas anyone ?

4 answers to this question

Most likely you are running out of hard space! 13GB is very little free space when you are doing video work especially if you trying to render to HD. How long in time is the video you are rendering? Could also be that the video card/adapter in your Toshiba is not good enough to handle the much higher requirements of EMC 10. What video card (most likely on-board) do you have?

I don't think its the HDD space as Ive tried rendering to a new (empty) external 500gb drive and the same happens, the clips are only a few minutes in length. Basically it has been my practice to make short movies and pull them together as chapters in a DVD show at a later stage.

The onboard video card is an ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700

Managed to complete a 1gb render overnight to the internal HDD before the 'normal' crash but the clip length should have been approx 1.3-1.4gb. In essence this suggests most things are working but the software is just randomly cutting off at the '90% rendered' stage

You should try the Clean Install procedures - Here

Video is measured in Time. File size is a totally useless measure to us.

OK. I've done all that ( a real PitA job !) and re-installed. Rebuilt two of the files I am trying to render - the first (100s long)rendered fine so thought we'd sorted the issue. But...... the second (7mins) crashed the PC @ 115s. So in essence I'm back where I started

Any ideas ?

Upgraded from My Video 5 to EMC10 last week - begining to wish I hadn't :-(

While rendering a movie (stills & AVI compilation) Videowave completely crashes (turns off) the computer at around 250mb/80% rendered.

Why ? No other programmes are running in the frontline.

I am trying to render to 1080p in XP Pro on a 1.73 centrino Toshiba Satellite with 2gb Ram and 13gb of spare HDD space

Any ideas anyone ?

Most likely you are running out of hard space! 13GB is very little free space when you are doing video work especially if you trying to render to HD. How long in time is the video you are rendering? Could also be that the video card/adapter in your Toshiba is not good enough to handle the much higher requirements of EMC 10. What video card (most likely on-board) do you have?

Archived