• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Using Convert Video Trying To Take Small Segment Of Mpg File And Covert To Wmv

tayers999

Question

I am trying to use the trim feature in the Convert Video program to convert a small section (2min 30sec) of a larger mpg file to WMV. Although I can use this program to convert the whole thing to WMV, I was really wanting to get just a portion of the file converted to use as a clip. Each time it quickly goes thru the encoding process and leaves a very small file in the directory which basically is a beginning of the audio and a graphic but not the complete video. I am running Vista Ultimate with 3gigs of RAM.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

tsa

9 answers to this question

What are the settings you are using when you output to wmv? Do you see the video in the window as you are rendering to wmv? What is the total duration for the resulting video as shown on the render window?

The settings I'm using are:

Purpose = all NTSC

Video Quality = WMV 9 640x480 VBT

Normalize Audio = checked

The render child window does display the video segment; the Completed duration is 2 min, 35sec, File size is just over 2gigs

The audio is all there but the video is just the first frame.

tsa

The settings I'm using are:

Purpose = all NTSC

Video Quality = WMV 9 640x480 VBT

Normalize Audio = checked

The render child window does display the video segment; the Completed duration is 2 min, 35sec, File size is just over 2gigs

The audio is all there but the video is just the first frame.

tsa

2GBs for a 2min35sec video ... something is wrong!

You should be using Videowave to edit your source file and output to a wmv file

Thanks for your suggestion. I have actually tried to use the videowave program within Roxio to do this same task. Unforturnately alough I am able to trim it to the proper length, when I try to output it to WMV, I get only the sound portion of the video and a picture of the first frame, but not any of the rest of the video. Any ideas why this might be?

tsa

Thanks for your suggestion. I have actually tried to use the videowave program within Roxio to do this same task. Unforturnately alough I am able to trim it to the proper length, when I try to output it to WMV, I get only the sound portion of the video and a picture of the first frame, but not any of the rest of the video. Any ideas why this might be?

tsa

Does the source video play completely in Videowave?

Do you mean the wmv file output by Videowave contains only the first frame and all of the source audio?

tsa

Do you mean the wmv file output by Videowave contains only the first frame and all of the source audio?

Yes, the source video does play completely in the preview window of Videowave. And yes, the first frame and all of the audio is in the resulting output file.

tsa

Yes, the source video does play completely in the preview window of Videowave. And yes, the first frame and all of the audio is in the resulting output file.

tsa

What are the settings you are using when you output to wmv? Do you see the video in the window as you are rendering to wmv? What is the total duration for the resulting video as shown on the render window?

I am trying to use the trim feature in the Convert Video program to convert a small section (2min 30sec) of a larger mpg file to WMV. Although I can use this program to convert the whole thing to WMV, I was really wanting to get just a portion of the file converted to use as a clip. Each time it quickly goes thru the encoding process and leaves a very small file in the directory which basically is a beginning of the audio and a graphic but not the complete video. I am running Vista Ultimate with 3gigs of RAM.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

tsa

You should be using Videowave to edit your source file and output to a wmv file

Archived