• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upgraded Toast 8.0.3 To 8.0.4-dock Problems Again...

weblizard

Question

OK, I learned to turn off dock animations (in preferences when not actually burning a disc) in 8.0.3, which seemed to stop the RAM hogging by the Dock (up to 36%!).

Then I saw that 8.0.4 promised to end some of the audio sync problems with Tivo transfers- having had that problem, I upgraded.

Now, unchecking the dock animation feature doesn't turn off the offending animation (progress bar on Toast icon in dock)- I even rebooted to see if that would help- no luck.

Oh, and yes, I know how to quit the dock in Activity Monitor to try to fix the problem-no luck, it's even breaking 40% now...

So here I sit, and it's taken an hour already for encoding a disc to get to 9%...

Does anyone know if there are any problems with downgrading within 8? I feel stupid for upgrading before seeing if it would make more problems than it solves...

*sigh*

help?

6 answers to this question

Did the upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 and haven't slept since. Screwed the whole idea of burning DVD's which I have to do several times a day for my clients. About half way through burning image files (Tiff and JPEG) I get a 0x29 request for a surface coding code. So what's up? I threw out the upgrade and slipped the 8.0.3 back into my Applications folder on my MacPro, but the upgrade must have done something to my firmware on the Pioneer burners that comes with the Mac (2 of them). So now I can't do anything. Every burn finishes with a warning and blocks the whole thing. Is anyone at Roxio listening? What am I supposed to do? I wrote Roxio support and they sent me a printed file which told me all about upgrading my Mac OS to be sure that everything's OK, change my DVD supplier and probably change my burners. Are you kidding?

Our upgrades cannot/do not affect your drives firmware. The if the problem was caused by 8.0.4, simply going back to the old version would fix it. If that does not fix it, the problem lies somewhere else.

I just installed Toast8 and then did the upgrade to 8.0.4. I am able to create iPod video files from the Tivo files on my Mac. I'm unable to successfully create a Disc image or burn to a DVD. Toast seemed to get to almost being successful and then crapped out with some errors. So my question is did Toast 8.0.1 work for you in doing either creating a Disc image or burning to a DVD? Lemme know.

Thanks

It seems that I have Dock problems also. Based on the original post this seems to be a known problem. I'm seeing that any new programs that I launch are not showing up on the Dock as "active", they don't appear in the program switcher though if I invoke "Force Quit" I see the active programs there. Additionally, the Finder is also nowhere to be found in the program switcher. And to think I spent money on this program.

What is Roxio's stance and response to what seem to be significant bugs in Toast 8 and in the 8.0.4 upgrade.

I have ditched Toast 8.0.4. Since updating from 8.0.3 I have had some strange behavior. First a disc writing failure that might have been a faulty DVD-R, then a multiplex process in which the progress bar stuck at 21% even though the items being multiplexed continued to be listed and, final straw, Toast terminated unexpectedly part way through writing a disc. 8.0.3 has never given me any problems so I've gone back to that.

just to raise another hand on this one in case someone from roxio reads this...

i'm also having similar issues with 8.0.4 - tried to burn a tivo transfer to dvd and not only was the burn slooooow, but i received errors about half way through. going back to previous version!!

edited to add: i am reinstalling from the purchased disc, which is only version 8.0 and doesn't have the fit to dvd compression, etc.. where can i download 8.0.3? i can only find a download of 8.0.4, which as previously stated, doesn't work! :)

Did the upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 and haven't slept since. Screwed the whole idea of burning DVD's which I have to do several times a day for my clients. About half way through burning image files (Tiff and JPEG) I get a 0x29 request for a surface coding code. So what's up? I threw out the upgrade and slipped the 8.0.3 back into my Applications folder on my MacPro, but the upgrade must have done something to my firmware on the Pioneer burners that comes with the Mac (2 of them). So now I can't do anything. Every burn finishes with a warning and blocks the whole thing. Is anyone at Roxio listening? What am I supposed to do? I wrote Roxio support and they sent me a printed file which told me all about upgrading my Mac OS to be sure that everything's OK, change my DVD supplier and probably change my burners. Are you kidding?

Archived