• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

our comments on version 9.1

wwsras

Question

Was this the 9.1 updater? The big bloated download which requires you to have 9.0 installed, then uninstalls 9.0 and installs 9.1 if you're lucky?

I just installed it on my V9.0 XP system, there may be some differences in your Vista. It gave me the usual 3 options for the install - full, typical, or custom. With Custom I got a choice of location, but with the other two you get the default location. I did a custom install, and then went through and ticked everything - I think that's the equivalent of a full install, only with your chosen location.

The whole thing took 23 minutes, but my system and drives are fairly fast.

A Home icon appeared on my desktop. It's a shortcut to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\Roxio Central33\Main\Roxio_Central33.exe" if you have to make one, and it starts in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\Roxio Central33\Main.

Alternatively, if you go to Start > All Programs > Roxio Easy Media Creator 9, right-click on the Home icon, drag it out to your desktop, and select Copy Here when you let the mouse button go, you'll get a pre-maid shortcut called Home, which you can rename if you want.

Regards,

Brendon

I redid my original installation and then did the 9.1 update. I found the option to direct the update to my E drive and all went well. Why the thing has to uninstall and reinstall every component is a mystery, but in any case I'm up and running with no issues. Thanks for the feedback.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived