• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Merging Video Files - Sony Dvd Camcorder

nbkp

Question

I have a Sony DVD Camcorder DVD705E. The video files last for about 30 minutes (small DVD). I copy them to my PC running Windows Vista. Each time I copy, the files are stored in video_ts directory and the files are named video_ts.vob, vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob etc. and a bunch of IFO and BUP files The VOB files are in MPEG2 format, I think. I am not sure what audio encoding it uses. Can I use Videowave8 to join as many movies (video and audio) as I can to fit in a regular 4GB DVD? Will it recognize the video and audio codec and file formats (VOB, IFO, BUP) used by the Sony DVD Camcorder? Else what option do I have with Nero?

4 answers to this question

Roxio EMC Version 8 ( Videowave, MyDVD ) did not recognize vob files. Some could change the vob file extension to (.mpg) and the files would work, Version 9 & 10 have no problem with the vob files. Your audio should be ok.

I don't run Vista, when using windows xp.

To change vob to mpeg, mpg, make sure the extensions of known files are shown.

In tools, folder options, view (tab), uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

cd

Roxio EMC Version 8 ( Videowave, MyDVD ) did not recognize vob files. Some could change the vob file extension to (.mpg) and the files would work, Version 9 & 10 have no problem with the vob files. Your audio should be ok.

I don't run Vista, when using windows xp.

To change vob to mpeg, mpg, make sure the extensions of known files are shown.

In tools, folder options, view (tab), uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

cd

Thanks for the quick reply. Will it be OK if I buy just MyDVD10 Premier, or should I buy the entire EMC10 suite for merging VOBs?

Archived