Tivo Transfer Toast It! Button - Defaults To Burn To Dvd - Can I Change This?

DistortedLoop

Question

Toast 9 and TivoToGo installed.

If I highlight a show in TivoTransfer's show listings and push the Toast It! button, Toast 9 opens up and places the file into the create a DVD section of the program. I don't want to make DVDs, I want to export to iTunes for my iPhone. I've played around in the settings/preferences looking to change this default action, but don't see anything. Any one know of a way to default to Convert Video Files instad of DVD?

If there's no way, it would be nice if I could just somehow drag the file into the proper section once it's there in Toast.

Currently I need to right click the file in Tivo Transfer, select Reveal in Finder, then open Toast, select Convert Video, then drag the file into Toast. Not too hard, but a few extra steps that are mildly annoying when there's a Toast It! button that should let you do the same thing.

Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Well, LOL, Roxio support was very helpful (not).

Their response to me on the pasted question from the first post on here was:

"Drag your files from finder and drop them into Toast."

LOL. Makes me think they didn't really read the question. Updating to 9.02 didn't fix the issue either.

Anybody?

The Toast it button worked great in Toast 8 because there was an "Export" button at the bottom of the window that took you right to all your various ipod/iphone/apple tv options.

The whole "find the file in your tivo recordings folder, then drag it to conversion window" thing is very NOT user-friendly.

No one here seems to have an idea. I just posted this to Support via a help ticket.

Maybe if they don't have an answer they'll report it as a bug.

I just noticed there's a 9.02 update available. Need to install it and see if any of my issues have been corrected.

Anybody?

The Toast it button worked great in Toast 8 because there was an "Export" button at the bottom of the window that took you right to all your various ipod/iphone/apple tv options.

The whole "find the file in your tivo recordings folder, then drag it to conversion window" thing is very NOT user-friendly.

Archived