• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Restoring Photos

SJ1

Question

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help me.

A while ago someone wiped my computer and didn't back up the photograph collection. Stupid, yes.

However, I've just noticed that MyDVD sort of creates a backup of the photos used in a DVD project, stored here: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My DVDs\NAME-OF-DVD-PROJECT\Sources\Slideshow (My Documents WAS backed up, and luckily I had burned most of my photos to DVD at one point or another.)

Each photo is in an mpeg file. So, my question is: Is there a good way to save all these pictures within the mpeg files as bmp / jpg? It's surprisingly difficult to get screenshots (standard software these days has lots of protection), and I've had no luck so far using crappy freeware programs that crash / are clunky and impossible to use.

It's technically not a MyDVD question, but since I used it in the first place I though I would ask here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SJ.

1 answer to this question

Hello SJ,

A suggestion which should work, for getting screenshots. It's repetitive and a real drudge, but it works in XP without special software.

-play the mpg in Windows Media Player, and press PrintScr to capture the screen.

-Start > Run > mspaint.exe

-Ctrl-V to paste the screen into Paint, where you can trim and save it as a JPG.

There should be lots of better suggestions out there, but this one may hold you until they arrive.

Archived