• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstall?

chuckz

Question

I'm not sure where to post this inquiry. I would like to completely uninstall the following:

Roxio DLA

Express Labeler

My DVD LE

Record Now audio; copy; data

Update Manager

I tried from the control panel and I was not able to completely remove the programs listed. A message came up during the uninstall indicating a complete removal could not be done although the programs where no longer listed in the "Add/Remove" window. The reason is I've been getting dsk_sys errors when attempting to access my DVD device with another program(s). Microsoft reports that it's a problem same as "pwd_sys" error and is a Roxio problem. I don't want to mess with the registry as I assume that's where the problem is. All without impacting MyPC Backup.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure where to post this inquiry. I would like to completely uninstall the following:

Roxio DLA

Express Labeler

My DVD LE

Record Now audio; copy; data

Update Manager

I tried from the control panel and I was not able to completely remove the programs listed. A message came up during the uninstall indicating a complete removal could not be done although the programs where no longer listed in the "Add/Remove" window. The reason is I've been getting dsk_sys errors when attempting to access my DVD device with another program(s). Microsoft reports that it's a problem same as "pwd_sys" error and is a Roxio problem. I don't want to mess with the registry as I assume that's where the problem is. All without impacting MyPC Backup.

Thank you

Try #8 in my signature. Read and understand the instructions good before using!

EDIT,

Can't remember is MyPC Backup part of V8? If so just do a custom re-install after the above house cleaning.

cd

Archived