• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing Files

grandpadon

Question

Last year the issue of missing files came up . Found out what it meant.(shortcuts/links)

Instructions to correct got deleted at year end, so now I need to know how to handle it again.

The files in question have already been used to burn iso & DVD but now I cant open to edit.

7 answers to this question

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. What did you clear individually?

Went back to Bldr and it wouldnt preview due to missing files. Went thru all titles & got no missing files in indiv titles. Since I couldnt check intro that points the finger

I cant identify & get my hands on the version of intro its using to verify if its the culprit. Cant delete the intro & redo it. Some of the files were mentioned as missing are common to all versions of intro. Sorta painted me in a corner.

I coulda done it over by now or copied from the disk. How can I examine the intro thats on the disk?.

I was trying to go back and upgrade each title, espec intro, after sucessfully burning the photosto disk. Labels, narration, chapters , eetc

PS When I said I couldnt open to edit, I think I meant I couldnt open that secretive intro

Went back to Bldr and it wouldnt preview due to missing files. Went thru all titles & got no missing files in indiv titles. Since I couldnt check intro that points the finger

I cant identify & get my hands on the version of intro its using to verify if its the culprit. Cant delete the intro & redo it. Some of the files were mentioned as missing are common to all versions of intro. Sorta painted me in a corner.

I coulda done it over by now or copied from the disk. How can I examine the intro thats on the disk?.

I was trying to go back and upgrade each title, espec intro, after sucessfully burning the photosto disk. Labels, narration, chapters , eetc

PS When I said I couldnt open to edit, I think I meant I couldnt open that secretive intro

The missing files problem appeared about same time as adding XP SP2. Could that have caused it?markstilley@usfamily.net

I have an additional question. What do you mean by "I cant open to edit"? Can you open the VideoWave or DVD Builder production?

If you have just lost the link to the files on the computer, you should be able to do a File\ Browse for missing files in VideoWave or a Tile\ Browse.... in DVD Builder. If you don't know where the files are stored, you can do a Windows Start\ Search (and include the advanced option to search in hidden files and subfolders) to find the path to the files.

i did the title / Browse in Bldr. Cleard them all individually. I also cleared what appeare d to be the intro title. (You might know I did about 20 beefore it). Preview still gave missing files

Seems like its still the intro but remove intro button is greyed out so I cant check that theory & reinstall intro.

i did the title / Browse in Bldr. Cleard them all individually. I also cleared what appeare d to be the intro title. (You might know I did about 20 beefore it). Preview still gave missing files

Seems like its still the intro but remove intro button is greyed out so I cant check that theory & reinstall intro.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. What did you clear individually?

Last year the issue of missing files came up . Found out what it meant.(shortcuts/links)

Instructions to correct got deleted at year end, so now I need to know how to handle it again.

The files in question have already been used to burn iso & DVD but now I cant open to edit.

Are the missing files still on your computer? If not you will have to restore them, preferably to the exact same location you had them when you worked on your productions. If you install them to a different folder you will have to navigate to the new folders from the "Required Files" dialog box.

Guest mlpasley
now I cant open to edit.

I have an additional question. What do you mean by "I cant open to edit"? Can you open the VideoWave or DVD Builder production?

If you have just lost the link to the files on the computer, you should be able to do a File\ Browse for missing files in VideoWave or a Tile\ Browse.... in DVD Builder. If you don't know where the files are stored, you can do a Windows Start\ Search (and include the advanced option to search in hidden files and subfolders) to find the path to the files.

Archived