• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spin Doctor

Scotious

Question

Did search on this but did not find anything on this:

When capturing from vinyl, and then "auto-defining" tracks, I'm finding that on some of the old records some songs may get so quiet, or have actual pauses, so that one song may end up as 3 or 4 "tracks."

Does anyone have a suggestion for what to set sensitivity at to avoid this?

And/or does anyone know how I can select the 3 or 4 tracks and force them to become one track? I'm sure I'm just not seeing something here, but can't seem to do this.

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the advice. Wish there was a way to just "combine" tracks, as the auto track feature is a great time saver....

I never use the auto track feature but instead click and drag the tracks manually in the waveform editor. I also read the track times that are on the LP to set the approximate start and end points in the waveform. Spin Doctor preferences has a check box that limits the waveform zoom range. Uncheck that so you can see fine details. I always wear headphones to hear when the fade outs are finished.

Thanks for the advice. Wish there was a way to just "combine" tracks, as the auto track feature is a great time saver....

That would be nice. You can select and delete an extra track and drag the adjacent one to take up that part of the waveform. Or you can fiddle with the sensitivity settings to try and make the auto selection work more accurately. The difficulty is that background noise or brief silences in the music will fool the auto track feature.

Oh, and notice that you can select a track and automatically have it extend to the start of the next track or end of the previous track. That speeds up aligning tracks after you delete the several that don't belong.

I never use the auto track feature but instead click and drag the tracks manually in the waveform editor. I also read the track times that are on the LP to set the approximate start and end points in the waveform. Spin Doctor preferences has a check box that limits the waveform zoom range. Uncheck that so you can see fine details. I always wear headphones to hear when the fade outs are finished.

Archived