• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blu-ray Disc On Standard Dvd

Fred Berney

Question

I read somewhere that it is possible to make a disc that is in the Blu-Ray format and will only play on a Blu-Ray player, on a standard DVD-R. As I understand it, the running time is just under an hour.

How is this done? What settings do I use?

Fred

3 answers to this question

actually you do not need to put the files on bluray format. For instance straight mts files from high definition cameras just change the extension for mpeg and burn them on a dvd as data.

Ive been playing those files this way flawlessy on a bdp s1.

tico

You have to keep the bitrate below 15mbps otherwise you'll get jerky playback. I have tried it with TsRemux and it worked, however, you can only use one clip. I have not tried with Dvdit but I would assume it would work?

I have been putting my shorter projects on DVD+R for some time now. Twenty minutes on single layer and about 45 on double. I have found great results on 20mbps constant bit rate. I get best results from HDV2 (1080x1440 30interlaced) when I tell my PremierePro/CineformAccessHD system to output an SD .avi file (480x720) file that is PROGRESSIVE (no field dominance). With the "PS3patch" they play on my Sony BDP-S1 and my nephew's PS3.

I read somewhere that it is possible to make a disc that is in the Blu-Ray format and will only play on a Blu-Ray player, on a standard DVD-R. As I understand it, the running time is just under an hour.

How is this done? What settings do I use?

Fred

You have to keep the bitrate below 15mbps otherwise you'll get jerky playback. I have tried it with TsRemux and it worked, however, you can only use one clip. I have not tried with Dvdit but I would assume it would work?

Archived