• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My Dvd

nwr7052

Question

I unfortuantly edited movies in my dvd which sent me to vidio wave. Now I'm stuck with those movies all in my dvd. I want them as separate enities so I can insert them when and where I want them. HOW can I do that. I spent a lot of time editing the clips. I'm new at this. Is there any help out there????????????

4 answers to this question

To add to what Jim said.......

When you choose to Edit the movie, you have to change from My Menu to the name of the movie at the top under Preview.

When you edit it, it will still show as MyDVD at the top, but the option is there under the File menu to choose Output As..... Choose Video File, Purpose: DVD Playback, Video File Quality: mpeg2 for DVD, best quality.

To add to what Jim said.......

When you choose to Edit the movie, you have to change from My Menu to the name of the movie at the top under Preview.

When you edit it, it will still show as MyDVD at the top, but the option is there under the File menu to choose Output As..... Choose Video File, Purpose: DVD Playback, Video File Quality: mpeg2 for DVD, best quality.

Why???

It doesn't show up in the editor, it doesn't show up in the output file, what am I missing?

The "MyDVD 10" at the top is the Name of the program you are in. You can change MyDVD to anything, but when you enter the Editor, "MyDVD 10" will be at the top!

I think you are getting the default Text, "MyDVD", mixed up with the program name, "MyDVD 10".

I do not see any reason you cannot go into MyDVD, open the project then Edit the clip.

Once back in that portion of VW choose File – Output As. This will allow you to render the file into a format of your choice, mpg2, DV AVI etc. and will retain the edits when it makes the new file.

I would use a different filename and Browse to send it to a new directory so you don't accidentally overwrite the original source clip.

Edit Movie is grayed out unless you select a movie. That movie should automatically load when you click 'Eidt Movie' so changing it in the drop-downlist should not be necessary. However if you also want to edit the menu background WITHOUT going back , you can select 'My Menu' from the list and continue to edit the menu background.

Also the other way if you started out by Editing the menu, you can choose to edit the movie in the drop-down list without going back.

Click 'Back to MyDVD' when all editing is complete.

Archived