• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rearranging Files Or Folders In Toast 9

pictorialist

Question

I'm a newbie here and have used search to find an answer to my issue but have been unsuccessful so far. As a new user of Toast, I have dragged several folders of photo files into the files window. I want to rearrange the sequence in which they will burn to a DVD, however when I try to alter the sequence, they just jump back into alphabetical order. Is there a way to arrange them in the order I wish them to appear on the DVD without changing the folder name? TIA

4 answers to this question

Thanks tsantee. I had thought of the numbering system you mention, however, I didn't necessarily want to add to/change the name of the folder. If this is the only way to order them as I want, I guess the sequencing is more important to me than adding a number. As I am in the process of burning around 700GB to DVD, efficiency has to be part of the process.

In this specific case I have a 5.55GB folder that will span across two DVD's and three additional smaller ones to fill the balance of the second disk. I wanted the large folder to start on Disk 1 and finish at the head of Disk 2, followed by the three remaining ones. However, when I dragged the folders into the file area the largest folder fell between the others because of the alphanumeric system. As a newbie here I have a lot to learn. Thanks again, your speedy response is greatly appreciated.

Create a new folder in Toast. Give it a name that will follow the one with 5.5 GB of data. Then put the three other folders inside that folder. As I mentioned, none of this changes how things are named or organized in the Finder.

Create a new folder in Toast. Give it a name that will follow the one with 5.5 GB of data. Then put the three other folders inside that folder. As I mentioned, none of this changes how things are named or organized in the Finder.

Excellent idea, I'll give that a try.

BTW: As a former 1952 MG-TD, and 1960 MG-A 1600 owner I enjoy seeing your Austin-Healey 3000, brings back lots of great memories.

The filing system for data discs is alphanumeric. If you add digits such as 01, 02 etc in front of the folder names (you can do this in Toast without changing the names in the Finder) that will rearrange them.

Since these are photos take a look at the Photo disc format. This not only burns the folders of source photos but automatically creates full-resolution slide shows including Mac and PC slide show players.

You can always click the Save as Disc Image button instead of the burn button to create an image file that, when mounted, shows up on your Mac exactly as the disc would appear. It's a good way to preview how everything looks before burning a disc. You can burn the disc image file to disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

The filing system for data discs is alphanumeric. If you add digits such as 01, 02 etc in front of the folder names (you can do this in Toast without changing the names in the Finder) that will rearrange them.

Since these are photos take a look at the Photo disc format. This not only burns the folders of source photos but automatically creates full-resolution slide shows including Mac and PC slide show players.

You can always click the Save as Disc Image button instead of the burn button to create an image file that, when mounted, shows up on your Mac exactly as the disc would appear. It's a good way to preview how everything looks before burning a disc. You can burn the disc image file to disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

Thanks tsantee. I had thought of the numbering system you mention, however, I didn't necessarily want to add to/change the name of the folder. If this is the only way to order them as I want, I guess the sequencing is more important to me than adding a number. As I am in the process of burning around 700GB to DVD, efficiency has to be part of the process.

In this specific case I have a 5.55GB folder that will span across two DVD's and three additional smaller ones to fill the balance of the second disk. I wanted the large folder to start on Disk 1 and finish at the head of Disk 2, followed by the three remaining ones. However, when I dragged the folders into the file area the largest folder fell between the others because of the alphanumeric system. As a newbie here I have a lot to learn. Thanks again, your speedy response is greatly appreciated.

Archived