• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Uninstalling Roxio Video Decoder

artiesberry

Question

I have been everywhere looking for help to uninstall or delete Roxio video decoder and no one seems to have a slution. :blink:

Roxio came bundled with Blackberry Desktop Manager and installed the video decoder in my PC. I uninstalled the Desktop Manager and deleted everything Roxio using Windows Install Cleanup; deleted everything in C:\Program Files and C:\Documents and Settings and everywhere else I found Roxio and Sonic.

I also deleted them from the Registry in "HKEY_ Current_User folder" and "HKEY_ Local_Machine folder". I also went to "run", "msconfig", disabled everything with Roxio in startup and THE DECODER IS STILL THERE.

Please Help :(

4 answers to this question

Have you tried the Control Panel and "Add/Remove Programs" ?? I didn't see it mentioned in all of the other things you tried.

Frank...

Since it was bundled with Blackberry Desktop Manager, there wasn't anything in "Add/Rmove Programs".

Thank you for your input, I was finally able to remove all traces of Roxio, and then I found that it was all my foult and not Roxio that prevented the playing of DVD movies in my laptop. Sometime last year I uninstalled Cyberlink Power DVD thinking I didn't need it and by doing that the decoder that was needed for the Win Player to function went with it. So when Roxio was installed with Blackberry there was only one decoder in there, which was incompatible with Win Media player. I re-installed Cyberlink, Blackberry Desktop Manager ( with Roxio), and all is well.

My apologies to Roxio :)

Archived