• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Don't Work

nosupport

Question

Used Roxio 9 to copy a DVD, both DVD+R and DVD+RW, and then write it to a Sony DVD+R disc. Then attempted to finalize the disc and get the message "Insert an appendable data disc that is CD media or DVD write-once media". If a DVD+RW disc it used the disc plays without issue, not finalized. However, the DVD+R discs all give this message when finalize is attempted. Runnig windows Vista on a brand new Dell laptop. Standard DVD devices replies with no disc found. Creates a finalize error also when I attempted to use a standalone Sony VRD-VC20 device to finalize. Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

I went through hours of "help" from Dell and the needless replacement of the physical F: drive, which is my write drive, about the same time as the previous post, when I first tried to use my Dell edition roxio creator software. I finally found an update from Roxio that caused it to work so that discs could be written, finalized, and read.

Now after months of successfully using the drive, I'm having the same problem described in the previous post. The disks are DVD-R--the same spindle from which I have successfully written dozens. The first two disks were written and finalized without issue. Then three were trashed before one successfully was written and finalized. In that case, a message popped up from DMXLauncher:DMXLauncher.exe saying "No disk. There is no disk in drive. Please insert disk into drive F:", but then the disk was finalized. Multiple trashed disks later, I got another one to finalize successfully. I suspect that what the previous poster was doing was what I was doing--following Roxio's instructions. I am using the data disk option in Creator 9, apparently successfully writing the disk, according to Creator. I also can see that it has been written by looking at the write side of the disk, and Creator's Tools disk information option agrees that it has the amount of used space it should have.

Anyone have any suggestions for what's going on?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived