• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Burn A Dvd

hmccown

Question

My system run down

I have an AMD based system dual core with 2 gigs of Ram and a 16x Plextor drive.

I did the clean install of EMC10

I then did the complete removal of EMC10 as per the instructions on this site.

I then got a virus from the update file from the Roxio site; it was not a false positive as it crashed my hard drive.

I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro. The only other thing I installed was my audio and video drivers.

I did update my firmware for my burner as well.

I have not downloaded or reinstalled the update patch

The problem which is the same before and after the reinstalls is this, I am trying to burn an ISO file on to FUJI x16 DVD media but I have also used Memorex DVD's as well and it stops the process before it burns. The stop happens with in the first minute. It does not start the burn so it does not even get to the media. There is no specific error msg. This happens with any DVD burn, but CD's burn with no problem for music as well as data.

Please help! This software should not be this difficult nor should the removal of this software require me to edit my registry by hand.

3 answers to this question

EMC 10 did install corectly and it will burn CD's with no issue. The problem is that any DVD project seems to run for aboout a min while the program calculates the write speed then I get this error msg "There was a problem writing to the disc. You can try again by clicking the retry button. You will need another blank disc ready. " After which the program ejects the media. I have tried to make a data disk just to store photos as well as trying to make a DVD from an ISO file with the same resaults. The media I am useing is Fujifilm DVD-R 16X as well as Memorex.

I also tried adjusting my write speed down with no change.

What software told you a download from Roxio gave you a Virus?

Did you install any chip set drivers after the reinstall of your operating system?

What applications in EMC 10 are you using when the failure happens?

To identify your drive in XP. Right click my computer and click properties. The system properties window opens, click the Hardware tab and then click device manager. The Device Manager Window opens, from the top view, make sure a dot is next to view devices by type. Click the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives, post what it reads?

For the firmware version, right click the drive/s and click properties, click the details tab. It should show, example mine IDECDROMBENQ_DVD_DD_DW1640_______________BSRB_____. The # where my BSRB is, is what we need you to post with the drive model/name.

# 1 in my signature is a small very useful free program. Please download it and put a disc that fails in the drive and click Disc info tab. Post the Manufacturer, MID, and Write Speeds, it reads from the disc please.

Check # 3 in my signature to make sure DMA is enabled.

cd

Based on your post, I assume that EMC 10 installed corectly and then it's when you can't burn a DVD. What program did you use to make the DVD ? Have you tried other brands of media ? Have you tried burning to disk rather than and ISO file ? Can't believe that there is a virus of any kind in the Roxio update that you downlaoded. And BTW, I would suggest that you remove your email address from your posts. It will save you much problems in the future from unwanted malware etc.

Frank...

Based on your post, I assume that EMC 10 installed corectly and then it's when you can't burn a DVD. What program did you use to make the DVD ? Have you tried other brands of media ? Have you tried burning to disk rather than and ISO file ? Can't believe that there is a virus of any kind in the Roxio update that you downlaoded. And BTW, I would suggest that you remove your email address from your posts. It will save you much problems in the future from unwanted malware etc.

Frank...

EMC 10 did install corectly and it will burn CD's with no issue. The problem is that any DVD project seems to run for aboout a min while the program calculates the write speed then I get this error msg "There was a problem writing to the disc. You can try again by clicking the retry button. You will need another blank disc ready. " After which the program ejects the media. I have tried to make a data disk just to store photos as well as trying to make a DVD from an ISO file with the same resaults. The media I am useing is Fujifilm DVD-R 16X as well as Memorex.

I also tried adjusting my write speed down with no change.

Archived