• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Quicktime Hd To Blu-ray?

varden

Question

Our movie group have two Sony HDR FX1 cams with which we shot a full length HD movie some time ago expecting the technology to be there after all the editing was done. How wrong we were.

So, we cut a final version to a full quality 18gb final cut pro movie file and waited.

The question: will Toast 9 be able to convert and burn a HDVTS file to our blu-ray burner for playing on Blu-ray Players? Is the time now?

Thanks

Larry

7 answers to this question

Mac Pro (2008) w/ LG BD-R burner via SATA (external/experimental) / FCP 6.0.2 / Toast 9.01 (9.0.2 loading)

Negative: BD-R in fact recognized by Samsung Blu-ray Disc-Player BD-P1000 , however picture is frozen every now and again - about every 20 - 30 seconds. Why?

Is the Samsung firmware up to date?

Sony BDP-S300/301s play BDMV formatted BD-Rs well as long as the firmware is 3.06 or higher. The Panasonic DMP-BD30 also plays BD-Rs well although the video gamma seems a bit high.

hello

I just bought LG BEO6 blu ray burner, I burned a blu ray movie on bd-r with toast 10, I did manually encoding with full rate, then I tried to play it on my samsung bd-p1000, and I just acessed to the menu, and when I play the movie, I just have the sound !!!

PLEASE HELP !

hello

I just bought LG BEO6 blu ray burner, I burned a blu ray movie on bd-r with toast 10, I did manually encoding with full rate, then I tried to play it on my samsung bd-p1000, and I just acessed to the menu, and when I play the movie, I just have the sound !!!

PLEASE HELP !

And I'm on a mac book pro unibody..... thank you....

Is the Samsung firmware up to date?

Sony BDP-S300/301s play BDMV formatted BD-Rs well as long as the firmware is 3.06 or higher. The Panasonic DMP-BD30 also plays BD-Rs well although the video gamma seems a bit high.

Firmware seems up to date - at least I am not able to find a more actual one at Samsung's Support Homepage. However, I found that the problem seems also related to the data rate. I switched to manually encoding and tried out MPEG2. No picture freezing. Howver, a lot of pixel blocks at data rates of 4 in the average and max by 7 MBit/s of course. I continue to try out other configurations of MPEG4 right now on a BD-RE.

Please keep us updated with your research.... This is all so confusing. I am an XDcamHD shooter, and would love to give my clients blueray discs.... Does anyone know the best way to do this on an Intel-mac?

I use 1080p or 1080i at 25fps. Which burner and what software? What is the ideal bitrate to avoid picture freezing etc...

Will Roxio 9 do the job with the 9.0.2 update? What media is best to use? And which players will play it? (I have a Samsung BD-P1000)

If anyone has an easy way of doing it, step by step, I would utmost grateful!!!!

Roxio, what have you guys found out? I would love to buy your product, but until I know that this will work, I have to wait...

A

3ghz G5 quad intel, tiger

Samsung BD-P1000

XDcamHD

thanks, John, ordering TOAST 9 now.

larry

Mac Pro (2008) w/ LG BD-R burner via SATA (external/experimental) / FCP 6.0.2 / Toast 9.01 (9.0.2 loading)

Negative: BD-R in fact recognized by Samsung Blu-ray Disc-Player BD-P1000 , however picture is frozen every now and again - about every 20 - 30 seconds. Why?

Archived