Downloading Update Toast 9.0.2

Pierre AP

Question

12 answers to this question

I just loaded Toast 9 and as per the popup went to the Roxio page to download the update of 9.0.2. However, what I am getting is 9.0.1 and a constant popup informing me there is an upgrade available. I have tried downloading a second time but still get v 9.0.1 (249) nor do I get the updates to Streamer or Spin Doctor.

Pat

When you drag the new Toast 9 folder to the Applications folder you should get a message asking if you really want to replace the older Toast 9 folder. That must not be happening. The mere copying of the Toast 9.0.2 folder to your Applications folder should take several seconds and you should be seeing a progress window during the copying. Try dragging the new Toast 9 folder to your desktop instead of the Applications folder. When it is done copying drag it from your desktop to the Applications folder.

Agreed, and to add to that, you can end up with Toast 9.0.2 and Toast 9.0.1 on the same system and both of them will run. Make sure that the one you are running is the newest one. You can always look in spotlight to find any and all copies of Toast on your system.

I just loaded Toast 9 and as per the popup went to the Roxio page to download the update of 9.0.2. However, what I am getting is 9.0.1 and a constant popup informing me there is an upgrade available. I have tried downloading a second time but still get v 9.0.1 (249) nor do I get the updates to Streamer or Spin Doctor.

Pat

Very strange. I just went to the downloads page and my downloads manager says it is downloading "toast_ti_902_261_update.zip". Maybe your browser's cache still is sending it to an older download, although that seems very unlikely.

Very strange. I just went to the downloads page and my downloads manager says it is downloading "toast_ti_902_261_update.zip". Maybe your browser's cache still is sending it to an older download, although that seems very unlikely.

I had zero problems downloading and installing.

I used the Camino browser for Macintosh. I'm running Leopard on an Intel iMac.

Agreed, and to add to that, you can end up with Toast 9.0.2 and Toast 9.0.1 on the same system and both of them will run. Make sure that the one you are running is the newest one. You can always look in spotlight to find any and all copies of Toast on your system.

Thanks. What I had to do is trash the old folder from Applications and then drag the new one in. All worked well. Thanks

When I download, it does say that it is downloading the 9.0.2 but when I check the About Toast info it is 9.0.1. The download identifies it as toast_ti_902_261_update.dmg but after I drag the Toast 9 folder to Applications, I do not get the updated versions. Should I drag the old Toast 9 out of the folder first???

Pat

The same thing is happening to me. When I drag the folder to my applications it asks if I want to replace the previous folder. After I do, I go to open Toast and it asks me to agree to terms again and enter my serial number. After I enter my serial number in the space provided, the "continue" button never lights up, so I cannot click it. It stays shaded in. Can somebody help me?

The same thing is happening to me. When I drag the folder to my applications it asks if I want to replace the previous folder. After I do, I go to open Toast and it asks me to agree to terms again and enter my serial number. After I enter my serial number in the space provided, the "continue" button never lights up, so I cannot click it. It stays shaded in. Can somebody help me?

Make sure that you are using the CD-Key that came with your Toast package. If you were in a hurry to install Toast one day and got a Key off the web, it is very likely that the key you found wont work in the new version. We look for keys found on the web too.

I had zero problems downloading and installing.

I used the Camino browser for Macintosh. I'm running Leopard on an Intel iMac.

When I download, it does say that it is downloading the 9.0.2 but when I check the About Toast info it is 9.0.1. The download identifies it as toast_ti_902_261_update.dmg but after I drag the Toast 9 folder to Applications, I do not get the updated versions. Should I drag the old Toast 9 out of the folder first???

Pat

Pat

When you drag the new Toast 9 folder to the Applications folder you should get a message asking if you really want to replace the older Toast 9 folder. That must not be happening. The mere copying of the Toast 9.0.2 folder to your Applications folder should take several seconds and you should be seeing a progress window during the copying. Try dragging the new Toast 9 folder to your desktop instead of the Applications folder. When it is done copying drag it from your desktop to the Applications folder.

When you drag the new Toast 9 folder to the Applications folder you should get a message asking if you really want to replace the older Toast 9 folder.

Normally this is the way to upgrade Toast, however I always look at the new folder content to see what is being replaced. With this upgrade (9.0.2) I found that two applications (Disc Cover and Get Backup) are older versions than those distributed by my original install of 9.0.1. This is rather odd that ROXIO is distributing older builds with a new version. It pays of spending a few moments to examine what one would install by just replacing folders.

BTW, since ROXIO has been in the Mac software business for many many years it is about time that they start distributing installs and updates the Mac way with a true OS X installer package instead of this "folder" based replace method.

Archived