How To Capture Hd Video With Sony Hdr Sr11 Camcorder

tatankha

Question

Hello!

I'm new here and I'd like to know how to capture HD video(AVCHD files) from my camcorder in EMC 10 suite. Is the USB 2.0 is the right connection to capture/import video or do I have to use the S-video connection on my graphic card. So far, EMC 10 did not detect my camcorder when connected via the USB cable. It just detected my USB Logitech web cam!! A shame!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely

Tatankha

6 answers to this question

Hello!

I'm new here and I'd like to know how to capture HD video(AVCHD files) from my camcorder in EMC 10 suite. Is the USB 2.0 is the right connection to capture/import video or do I have to use the S-video connection on my graphic card. So far, EMC 10 did not detect my camcorder when connected via the USB cable. It just detected my USB Logitech web cam!! A shame!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely

Tatankha

Why don't you use the software that came with the camera? Doesn't Windows Explorer see the HD camera as a hard drive and you just copy the video to your hard drive via the USB cable?

Gary is our HD Expert but in the end you are going to be disappointed unless you have a BD or HD Burner & Player… He can explain the reasons better than I but after experimenting he ended up selling his HD Camcorder and going back to DV.

IT also sounds like you don't even have what you need. The S-Video is most likely for Output, not for input. Unless your video card is capible of video capture.

You cannot capture DV using a USB.

You will really need a Firewire, assuming your camcorder has one.

We would need your full PC specs as well as the make/model of camcorder that you have.

Gary is our HD Expert but in the end you are going to be disappointed unless you have a BD or HD Burner & Player… He can explain the reasons better than I but after experimenting he ended up selling his HD Camcorder and going back to DV.

IT also sounds like you don't even have what you need. The S-Video is most likely for Output, not for input. Unless your video card is capible of video capture.

You cannot capture DV using a USB.

You will really need a Firewire, assuming your camcorder has one.

We would need your full PC specs as well as the make/model of camcorder that you have.

The OP lists the make/model in the Topic line. That particular model (Hard Disk) does not have a firewire port and transfer is done via USB.

The OP lists the make/model in the Topic line. That particular model (Hard Disk) does not have a firewire port and transfer is done via USB.

So it would seem... Always a problem when part of the question is in the Topic. :blink:

Yes, then in that case there is no capture. It is merely a file copy through the USB.

So it would seem... Always a problem when part of the question is in the Topic. :blink:

Yes, then in that case there is no capture. It is merely a file copy through the USB.

Thank you guys!

The problem is that EMC 10 doesn't want to read the m2ts files (HD files I guess) from my PC HARD DRIVE where I saved them. EMC 10 ask me to convert them and then I get an error message saying that the mpeg2 transport stream file I have selected contain one or more unsupported streams!! Is EMC10 not suppose to read that type of files??

I can, of course, use Sony software to save my videos but I can't edit them! That's what Roxio EMC10 is for right?

i have a Dell Dimension 5150 3.2 Ghz pentium 4 HT , 3 GB RAM, ATI radeon X 1650 PRO 512MB, 250GB hard drive

Thanks again

Tatankha

Thank you guys!

The problem is that EMC 10 doesn't want to read the m2ts files (HD files I guess) from my PC HARD DRIVE where I saved them. EMC 10 ask me to convert them and then I get an error message saying that the mpeg2 transport stream file I have selected contain one or more unsupported streams!! Is EMC10 not suppose to read that type of files??

I can, of course, use Sony software to save my videos but I can't edit them! That's what Roxio EMC10 is for right?

i have a Dell Dimension 5150 3.2 Ghz pentium 4 HT , 3 GB RAM, ATI radeon X 1650 PRO 512MB, 250GB hard drive

Thanks again

Tatankha

Read this thread

The Op has the same camera and problem> It seems that the hardware is again ahead of the software. You will have to use the Sony software it looks like.

Archived