Cd Spin Doctor Incompatible With Leopard?

chuckgriffith

Question

I have a Mac Powerbook G4. When I first purchased the computer, it had a tiger operating system. I bought Toast 6 and successfully copied several vinyl albums using Cd spin doctor. When leopard operating system came out, i upgraded my Mac. A week ago, i went to record some more albums but couldn't so i upgraded to Toast 9. now, i can record, but when i do, I get a bad cracking, electronic interruption in the recording that I never got before. has anyone else suffered this problem? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks,

Chuck G

2 answers to this question

I have a Mac Powerbook G4. When I first purchased the computer, it had a tiger operating system. I bought Toast 6 and successfully copied several vinyl albums using Cd spin doctor. When leopard operating system came out, i upgraded my Mac. A week ago, i went to record some more albums but couldn't so i upgraded to Toast 9. now, i can record, but when i do, I get a bad cracking, electronic interruption in the recording that I never got before. has anyone else suffered this problem? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks,

Chuck G

Chuck, I have the identical problem running Toast 9, v. 8.0.4 and had it with the 8.0.3 with Leopard. Do NOT expect any help from Roxio as I have shared this with them since last year, to no avail. It is a hit and miss issue. I have seen no posted help that has come anywhere near eliminating the problem. I had to go to another application to do my vinyl conversions. In fact, Roxio does not even respond to my requests for help. This is my one and only Roxio product I will ever have.

Greg

Chuck, I have the identical problem running Toast 9, v. 8.0.4 and had it with the 8.0.3 with Leopard. Do NOT expect any help from Roxio as I have shared this with them since last year, to no avail. It is a hit and miss issue. I have seen no posted help that has come anywhere near eliminating the problem. I had to go to another application to do my vinyl conversions. In fact, Roxio does not even respond to my requests for help. This is my one and only Roxio product I will ever have.

Greg

Chuck, I made an error in previous post. I have your problem in Toast 8, v. 8.0.4 I am not running Toast 9 with CD Spin doctor, just toast 8.

Greg

I wish the developer for CD Spin Doctor would help out at times in these forums. I know how to use it but I don't know what's beneath the surface that could lead to these kinds of issues for some users.

How are you connecting the audio to your Powerbook? Is the distortion happening during the auditioning and also is present on the recording? As a test does it happen when using the "CD Spin Doctor Capture Support" as the input source (which lets you record whatever audio is playing on the Mac). If you haven't done so, install the plugin for that feature via the CD Spin Doctor menu.

Look inside the Audio folder in your user and root libraries. Check if there are any third party VST plugins present. If so, drag them out of the VST folder and see if that makes any difference.

As chuckgriffith points out some users are having this problem with (likely) any version of Spin Doctor even though other audio capture applications are working. For example, you probably could use QuickTime Pro to record the audio and open that AIFF file in Spin Doctor to do the track marking and filtering. But that shouldn't be necessary.

I use a Griffin USB iMic as the audio input source to my Mac. I don't know if anyone has had the audio distortion problem when using the iMic.

Archived