• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Capture Issue

Erlkonig

Question

I bought EMC10Deluxe (bundled with the Dazzle DVC100) with the hopes of capturing audio from my amateur home music recordings. I have installed the drivers for the DVC100. When I try to use the "Convert LPs/Tapes" function or the record function from the Sound Editor, the DVC100 does not register in the "Capture from" drop-down select box. My laptop only has a microphone input and I tried recording with that only to get really distorted sound no matter how much I fiddle with the levels on the computer or from my home recording machine. I also tried to capture audio using the video section, but that was no good either. Is there any reason why I can't use the DVC 100 as an input for capturing audio?

9 answers to this question

This whole subject was discussed in another thread a little while ago with the conclusion that the Dazzle DVC100 does not capture "audio only"

Ah. Darn. Wish I had caught that thread when I was searching for relevant topics. Missed it somehow. Thanks.

Anyways, I bought a Soundblaster external soundcard so this should solve my problem. I still feel ripped off, though. You'd think that sort of thing would have been an easy fix.

Ah. Darn. Wish I had caught that thread when I was searching for relevant topics. Missed it somehow. Thanks.

Anyways, I bought a Soundblaster external soundcard so this should solve my problem. I still feel ripped off, though. You'd think that sort of thing would have been an easy fix.

A hardware fix, maybe.

Why fix it? It was designed to capture video with audio

The DVC100 is only for video capture, that is what the DVC stands for Dazzle Video Capture

This does not explain the fact that when the device is hooked up, I can find it in the Device Manager as "DVC100 Video Device" AND "DVC100 Audio Device." :huh:

I think that it would be safe to assume that since the device has audio inputs, that it can also reasonably be used as an audio capture device. That's why I bought it. The device has composite video and s-video inputs, but you wouldn't use both at the same time. Their functions are isolated. I think it is reasonable to believe that the audio inputs can be isolated and used appropriately as well.

I've done more checking around on the Video capture program, and there is an option button for sound where, indeed, it is possible to select between the microphone input AND a certain DVC100 Audio Device. <_<

The question is, how do I get it to work with sole audio capture?

This does not explain the fact that when the device is hooked up, I can find it in the Device Manager as "DVC100 Video Device" AND "DVC100 Audio Device." :huh:

I think that it would be safe to assume that since the device has audio inputs, that it can also reasonably be used as an audio capture device. That's why I bought it. The device has composite video and s-video inputs, but you wouldn't use both at the same time. Their functions are isolated. I think it is reasonable to believe that the audio inputs can be isolated and used appropriately as well.

I've done more checking around on the Video capture program, and there is an option button for sound where, indeed, it is possible to select between the microphone input AND a certain DVC100 Audio Device. <_<

There have been a number of posts on this subject, and to my recollection, not a single person, who has posted, has been able to capture audio only, with the Dazzle. You could check out Pinnacle's site to see what they say about it. Pinnacle makes the Dazzle.

This whole subject was discussed in another thread a little while ago with the conclusion that the Dazzle DVC100 does not capture "audio only"

I bought EMC10Deluxe (bundled with the Dazzle DVC100) with the hopes of capturing audio from my amateur home music recordings. I have installed the drivers for the DVC100. When I try to use the "Convert LPs/Tapes" function or the record function from the Sound Editor, the DVC100 does not register in the "Capture from" drop-down select box. My laptop only has a microphone input and I tried recording with that only to get really distorted sound no matter how much I fiddle with the levels on the computer or from my home recording machine. I also tried to capture audio using the video section, but that was no good either. Is there any reason why I can't use the DVC 100 as an input for capturing audio?

The DVC100 is only for video capture, that is what the DVC stands for Dazzle Video Capture

True story Walt. However, if the video that is being captured with the DVC 100 has native audio associated with it, it will also capture the audio along with the video portion. But will not capture audio all by itself, which is what I assume you were referring to.

Frank...

Archived