To Fix Or Not To Fix

yogi1

Question

The following are steps I have done over and over at least 20 different times. I still can not record anything. I continue being unable to record. I get a message that says "The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application: MPEG-2. I then get error no permission. Bad Installation... I have removed the software using windows Utility Cleaner. I have unplugged the internet and restarted the computer. The steps I take are::: I click on video wave. I then get "The following codec(s) must be activated before using application:MPEG-2 Click OK to activate or cancel abort". I click "OK". I then get "No Permission-Bad Installation".

I get something that says "Welcome to Video Wave, Select project". I click on new. I then select media. I then select the photos/videos (tried Both). After adding them to panels, I then got to file or DVD (tried booth). I then click on "Burn to DVD Express". I the get "The following codec(s) must be activated before using application:MPEG-2 Click OK or Abort". I click OK. I then get "No Permission-Bad Installation. Nothing happens. Sometimes, it just kick me out from there.

There has also been times that I get 80004005 error while encoding movie. Sometimes I get 800040154 error while encoding movie. I have used window install clean up to take out Roxio & Sonic and reinstalled it. I disable all. I have removed registry and everything else. I have downloaded and run patches as well. ...Now I can not even record music on audio files. I go through the process and only have cds that can only be played on mp3s.

:blink::blink::blink:

3 answers to this question

Mpeg activation is required in EMC9 and you won't be able to use mpeg files until it's activated. Why some have problems with this is not always known but to start, you will need to do a clean install.

XP Clean I \nstallVista clean Install

Once this is done, shut down any virus programs, spyware programs and internet security programs and run the EMC installation again. FWIW, at one point I had to do this proceedure 3 times before it worked. I was not a happy camper but that's just the way it was before I had any luck.

Your other problem could very well be the need to update your video drivers and DirectX. Make sure you have the latest drivers and you should be in good shape.

THANKS FOR THE HELP. IT DID NOT WORK. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS

Mpeg activation is required in EMC9 and you won't be able to use mpeg files until it's activated. Why some have problems with this is not always known but to start, you will need to do a clean install.

XP Clean I \nstallVista clean Install

Once this is done, shut down any virus programs, spyware programs and internet security programs and run the EMC installation again. FWIW, at one point I had to do this proceedure 3 times before it worked. I was not a happy camper but that's just the way it was before I had any luck.

Your other problem could very well be the need to update your video drivers and DirectX. Make sure you have the latest drivers and you should be in good shape.

Archived