• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drag And Drop

FreoJay

Question

I use the latest version of Toast 8 on a Leopard-equipped Mac with an outboard LaCie burner to write CDs and DVDs with JPEG and TIFF photo files for clients, and lately heard from one of those clients that they are not able to drag and drop individual image files from their burned CDs onto their desktops. I've now realized that I can't do that either, and Roxio tech support (challenging to reach from this side of the world when they're open) is baffled, too. More annoying is that there's no problem being able to drag and drop files when CDs are created using Leopard's burn folders, although they aren't as feature-rich as Toast. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, have you found a solution that allows you to continue using Toast?

3 answers to this question

Yes ... this happens with both CDs and DVDs. Using the Mac and PC data settings in Toast with all one write media, no RW. Again, most confusing and frustrating because there's no problem using Leopard's burn folders, just that they don't have several of Toast's advanced features. Any other thoughts?

I'm baffled, too. You say this is happening with both CDs and DVDs? What settings are you using in Toast? Try burning at a speed slower than Best (set the speed after the disc is recognized). Are you using any RW media?

Yes ... this happens with both CDs and DVDs. Using the Mac and PC data settings in Toast with all one write media, no RW. Again, most confusing and frustrating because there's no problem using Leopard's burn folders, just that they don't have several of Toast's advanced features. Any other thoughts?

You could trash the Toast application and its plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and reinstall Toast. You could try Save as Disc Image first and then burn the disc image to CD and DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window. I'm just grasping here but it's not impossible that one of those strategies could work out.

Archived