• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Computer And Dvd Player Can't Recognize Dvd

Lireah

Question

Before i had burned the dvd, i converted the avi file to mpg vcd compatible. everything works fine until the finished dvd is inserted back into the computer (my computer ejects it after finish burning). then it keeps trying to load it, but nothing loads. i tried my dvd player, but it does the same thing. this happened the last time i tried to burn a dvd with another software. I'm using winxp and i'm using the mydvd express to burn.

7 answers to this question

arrgh... this is kind of frustrating. what is the dvd file type (besides vob) that i can use with this software to burn a dvd from a movie file? avi doesn't work, and my dvd player can't even play avi. wmv is kind of out of question because of how long it takes to convert. the software i have to convert is super converter. another question. does the software not convert the file to dvd format?

arrgh... this is kind of frustrating. what is the dvd file type (besides vob) that i can use with this software to burn a dvd from a movie file? avi doesn't work, and my dvd player can't even play avi. wmv is kind of out of question because of how long it takes to convert. the software i have to convert is super converter. another question. does the software not convert the file to dvd format?

argg ... your post is frustrating. You never answered my questions!

Exactly what are you trying to do? I don't understand any of your questions.

Very few DVD players are able to play avi files. A standard movie on a DVD consiste of IFO, BUP and several vbo files. That is the standard for all DVDs. To create a standard DVD you use avi, wmv, mpg, etc files. Why is wmv out of the question? What do you mean it takes "long to convert"? I have never heard of super converted and have no idea what it does.

Please, explain what you are trying to do!!!!

all that super convert does is convert a file from one format to another like avi to mpeg. when i mean too long to convert, i'm trying to convert an avi to wmv which takes 2 hours that end in failure. i'm trying to put some avi files onto a dvd which can play on my computer as well as in the dvd player. however, avi files can't be accessed with the easy cd and dvd red box software. So, i want to use the super converter to convert the avi to a format that can be played by my computer, dvd player, and accesed by the software to be burned.

in other words, burn a dvd from a movie file.

all that super convert does is convert a file from one format to another like avi to mpeg. when i mean too long to convert, i'm trying to convert an avi to wmv which takes 2 hours that end in failure. i'm trying to put some avi files onto a dvd which can play on my computer as well as in the dvd player. however, avi files can't be accessed with the easy cd and dvd red box software. So, i want to use the super converter to convert the avi to a format that can be played by my computer, dvd player, and accesed by the software to be burned.

in other words, burn a dvd from a movie file.

Exactly what software are you using? Please give the full name and version number.

Standard avi video can easily be converted to DVD compliant video using most Roxio/Sonic DVD software. You cannot put avi files on a DVD and play them on a DVD player (few players can play them), they have to be converted to the DVD format. If you have avi files that cannot be accessed by the software then they are most likely non-standard (DivX or Xvid) and have to be converted to mpeg-2 which the software can accept. There is really no need to convert to wmv, convert to mpeg-2

I'm using the easy cd and dvd burning in red box version 9.0.554. I'm using the Mydvd express that came in it. i read an ealier account where avi won't work due to some codec that this software don't accept. I'll try your suggestion on the mpeg 2. thanks!!!! :D this is a way better support than the other $50 software support that i had tried.

May be nothing wrong at all…

Less and less Players will play a VCD anymore, despite claims in their manual. (they squeeze out by the fine print saying, some things just don't work)

Almost no PC is setup to recognize a VCD, so it isn't going to auto start. You will normally have to point it to the DAT file. Your folder structure should look like the picture below.

Then it could be the media. Players don't like cheap stuff – although this is less of a problem with CD media than with DVD media.

post-39730-1207046746.jpg

May be nothing wrong at all…

Less and less Players will play a VCD anymore, despite claims in their manual. (they squeeze out by the fine print saying, some things just don't work)

Almost no PC is setup to recognize a VCD, so it isn't going to auto start. You will normally have to point it to the DAT file. Your folder structure should look like the picture below.

Then it could be the media. Players don't like cheap stuff – although this is less of a problem with CD media than with DVD media.

post-39730-1207046746.jpg

Can you even burn a VCD project to a DVD?

Before i had burned the dvd, i converted the avi file to mpg vcd compatible. everything works fine until the finished dvd is inserted back into the computer (my computer ejects it after finish burning). then it keeps trying to load it, but nothing loads. i tried my dvd player, but it does the same thing. this happened the last time i tried to burn a dvd with another software. I'm using winxp and i'm using the mydvd express to burn.

Why are you trying to create a VCD project on a DVD? If you have a DVD player then create a DVD! :rolleyes:

Archived