• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Cd/dvd Creator 6 "no Recorder" Error

SKM

I have tried everything to get my EMC 6 re-installed successfully -- I have done a clean uninstall a number of time & have manually remeoved every tract of either the word "ROXIO" or "SONIC" but still get the "NO RECORDER" error. This product was working just fine until I had to reformat & rebuild my Dell XP Dimension 8250.

I am able to burn disks using Windows Media Player 11. I have even tried Nero 8 trial version which also works just fine.

I'm about ready to upgrade to Roxio Creator 10 but don't want to get into that hassle of returning the product if it does not work either. Is there a way to download a "Trial Version" of Roxio Creator 10?

Does anyone have any suggestions about what my problem seems to be & how I can go about fixing it.

Thanks

I have tried everything to get my EMC 6 re-installed successfully -- I have done a clean uninstall a number of time & have manually remeoved every tract of either the word "ROXIO" or "SONIC" but still get the "NO RECORDER" error. This product was working just fine until I had to reformat & rebuild my Dell XP Dimension 8250.

I am able to burn disks using Windows Media Player 11. I have even tried Nero 8 trial version which also works just fine.

I'm about ready to upgrade to Roxio Creator 10 but don't want to get into that hassle of returning the product if it does not work either. Is there a way to download a "Trial Version" of Roxio Creator 10?

Does anyone have any suggestions about what my problem seems to be & how I can go about fixing it.

Thanks

Read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=36964

I was able to re-install & get EMC-6 working but I'm not sure what did the trick ...

From the Roxio Knowledgebase at http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000008GN I did the following:-

Para #1; I already had the latest firmware which was OEM from Dell but I reinstalled it from their Web Site anyway.

Para #2; DMA (Direct Memory Access) was already enabled as the default mode.

Para #3; Did not have to do anything.

Para #4; NA

Para #5; I updated to the latest PX Engine.

Para #6; I removed & then reinstalled my DVD/CD-ROM Drivers.

I have already run a test BURN & it went OK ... just wish I knew what the problem & fix were.

Thanks

I was able to re-install & get EMC-6 working but I'm not sure what did the trick ...

From the Roxio Knowledgebase at http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000008GN I did the following:-

Para #1; I already had the latest firmware which was OEM from Dell but I reinstalled it from their Web Site anyway.

Para #2; DMA (Direct Memory Access) was already enabled as the default mode.

Para #3; Did not have to do anything.

Para #4; NA

Para #5; I updated to the latest PX Engine.

Para #6; I removed & then reinstalled my DVD/CD-ROM Drivers.

I have already run a test BURN & it went OK ... just wish I knew what the problem & fix were.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. A lot of users don't reply.

Archived