Transitioning Between Movies

FrankRz

Question

Using Emc10, I have created a project with 3 movies, When I play all, the transition from one to another shows a black screen with no audio for a few seconds. Is it possible to insert a transitioning effect to avoid this or do I have to make a single long movie with all the slides etc from the three separate movies.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FrankRz

6 answers to this question

I used MyDVD for the first movie (Production 1) and then used VideoWave for Productions 2 and 3, and sent them to MyDVD for a three tiered menu.

Per your suggestion. I right clicked on each of the three items on the main menu and went to "Settings".

Then on the settings pop-up, I selected a different transition effect for each of the three,

The link frame said "Go to production and remaining Movies"

"Play from Chapter 1"

"After Playing Production"

I then previewed the movie, fast forwarded to the near the end of production 1 and I got NO transitions into production 2, but the black screen lasted about 5 seconds before production 2 started!!

It appears that I will have to combine all three productions into a single movie in MyDVD.

Any suggestions re: "How To" merge the three????

OK, you have production 2 and 3 as Video Wave files. Open VideoWave, add one of the productions and use the film reel icon above the preview screen to output that production to mpg2 for DVD best quality. Repeat for the second project. Make sure that you have removed any black at the beginning and at the end of the projects.

Open My DVD and right click on the production you made in MyDVD. From the top menu, select "output as" select the same format.

Now, add the mpg2 files to VideoWave in the order you want (with or without Title slides and transitions between the files) Save as a project or again output to an mpg2 file. Merging is automatic. That encoding will go quickly.

Add the final mpg2 file to my DVD. Remember if you don't need a menu, you can select new project DVD no menu. If you want have a menu and to make each of those projects as a "Chapter:, right click on the movie and you can create chapters from there. Remember, a after playing a chapter, the program will continue from that point to the end of the production.

There are shortcuts to this but for now, you may want to go the long way around. One shortcut would be to use MyDVD and open that project you made using MyDVD then to add the 2 mpg2 files to that. I haven't tried it but it should work.

More information needed. What are you using VideoWave or MyDVD? Are you sure that the videos do not have that blank space at the beginning and/or the end?

Recommendation: Use Video Wave, cut out any blank spots. Transitions are always nice but usually people don't add music to the transition area.

I haven't used it but I do believe that you can set a movie to movie transitions in My DVD. I believe that you have to change the navigation to play the videos one after the other and to add the transition. Add the movies and then right click on one; select settings. You should be able to select the transition. As I said, I haven't used that so I'm not sure what details I'm leaving out.

I used MyDVD for the first movie (Production 1) and then used VideoWave for Productions 2 and 3, and sent them to MyDVD for a three tiered menu.

Per your suggestion. I right clicked on each of the three items on the main menu and went to "Settings".

Then on the settings pop-up, I selected a different transition effect for each of the three,

The link frame said "Go to production and remaining Movies"

"Play from Chapter 1"

"After Playing Production"

I then previewed the movie, fast forwarded to the near the end of production 1 and I got NO transitions into production 2, but the black screen lasted about 5 seconds before production 2 started!!

It appears that I will have to combine all three productions into a single movie in MyDVD.

Any suggestions re: "How To" merge the three????

OK, you have production 2 and 3 as Video Wave files. Open VideoWave, add one of the productions and use the film reel icon above the preview screen to output that production to mpg2 for DVD best quality. Repeat for the second project. Make sure that you have removed any black at the beginning and at the end of the projects.

Open My DVD and right click on the production you made in MyDVD. From the top menu, select "output as" select the same format.

Now, add the mpg2 files to VideoWave in the order you want (with or without Title slides and transitions between the files) Save as a project or again output to an mpg2 file. Merging is automatic. That encoding will go quickly.

Add the final mpg2 file to my DVD. Remember if you don't need a menu, you can select new project DVD no menu. If you want have a menu and to make each of those projects as a "Chapter:, right click on the movie and you can create chapters from there. Remember, a after playing a chapter, the program will continue from that point to the end of the production.

There are shortcuts to this but for now, you may want to go the long way around. One shortcut would be to use MyDVD and open that project you made using MyDVD then to add the 2 mpg2 files to that. I haven't tried it but it should work.

I followed your directions and have the three productions serially sequencing, However when I am in MyDVD attempting to edit the final project and add photos, they (logically) cannot be added. I would have to go back to VideoWave to edit the production and rodo the mpg videos.

I plan to go to MyDVD and produce a single movie from production1, 2 and 3, I can then have chapters and transitions as desired.

Thanks for your help and my education,

FrankRz

Using Emc10, I have created a project with 3 movies, When I play all, the transition from one to another shows a black screen with no audio for a few seconds. Is it possible to insert a transitioning effect to avoid this or do I have to make a single long movie with all the slides etc from the three separate movies.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FrankRz

More information needed. What are you using VideoWave or MyDVD? Are you sure that the videos do not have that blank space at the beginning and/or the end?

Recommendation: Use Video Wave, cut out any blank spots. Transitions are always nice but usually people don't add music to the transition area.

I haven't used it but I do believe that you can set a movie to movie transitions in My DVD. I believe that you have to change the navigation to play the videos one after the other and to add the transition. Add the movies and then right click on one; select settings. You should be able to select the transition. As I said, I haven't used that so I'm not sure what details I'm leaving out.

Steve - I played around with that some and it appears that option is for a transition from the menu to a movie. When you set 'After Playing' to the next video, the transition option is grayed out for that movie. So we can't set a transition between video files.

Steve - I played around with that some and it appears that option is for a transition from the menu to a movie. When you set 'After Playing' to the next video, the transition option is grayed out for that movie. So we can't set a transition between video files.

Well, I did add a disclaimer. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Archived