• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 9 Le Problems..

David_h

Question

Received a copy of Roxio Creator 9 LE along with a DVD drive and am having a few problems..

It installed OK but every time I boot the computer I ger a series of "please pass the correct path to the certificate file" error messages. After closing the dialog box(es) I get a runtime error message.

Also, there doesn't appear to be an uninstall option anywhere for the program....

Anyone any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Uninstall using Windows Control Panel Add or Remove Programs then select repair or remove. Follow that up by using Microsoft's Install Clean up Program. Reinstall.

Perhaps you installed the program with your anti-virus running?

Nowhere does it say to stop the AV before installing...

Does this cause problems, then?

Received a copy of Roxio Creator 9 LE along with a DVD drive and am having a few problems..

It installed OK but every time I boot the computer I ger a series of "please pass the correct path to the certificate file" error messages. After closing the dialog box(es) I get a runtime error message.

Also, there doesn't appear to be an uninstall option anywhere for the program....

Anyone any ideas?

Uninstall using Windows Control Panel Add or Remove Programs then select repair or remove. Follow that up by using Microsoft's Install Clean up Program. Reinstall.

Perhaps you installed the program with your anti-virus running?

Nowhere does it say to stop the AV before installing...

Does this cause problems, then?

That is common and best practices for ALL software. Some manufacturers put that on the box; some rely on basic knowledge of the user.

Yes, having an anti-virus running can and often does prevent the proper registration of some of the registry keys.

Archived